Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Wall Colour for new kitchen

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for months but a first time poster.. I'm hoping someone can help with advice on the wall colour for my kitchen. New kitchen will be going in next week and will be a bit different to what I have now. Benchtops are Quantum Quartz Galaxy White with whisper white cupboards. Splashback is also going to be the Quantum Quartz - so very white!

The first picture is the existing kitchen and the new kitchen will have cupboards above the bench so you won't see so much of the wall. There is another wall at the other end of the room that will be painted and other than that it will be all kitchen cupboards and bench. There is a dining area at the other end.

What I'm thinking is going a boldish blue to make it a little brighter.. The rest of the house is very neutral, all walls are taubmans torte and have been that way for a while so I'd like to add a bit of colour in the kitchen so the entire house isn't all neutral!

I like the taubmans colour shindig, but not 100% sure.. The second picture shows the colour.

Do you have any suggestions about colouring up the room a bit? I'd prefer a cooler colour and it needs to go with the rest of the house but I would like it to pop.

Existing kitchen and colours

Shindig on the wall

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not set on the blue yet.. just not sure if it will work or if there would be an alternate that would make it a bit brighter.. I'm planning on painting before the kitchen goes in so will be doing it over the weekend once the old kitchen comes out.

Thanks!
Mel
I like off white - ie the KISS principle.

But - shades of colours often go well - ie deeper and lighter - same as connecting rooms/halls.
I think you need a bright colour like a red or fresh green to make it pop. Alternatively try a dark grey it will look classy and make the wall recede. Try dulux mount eden. Search the forum for pics.
Thanks for your suggestions. I've ended up going with dulux clunies on two of the walls. There is a lot of cabinetry going in so you'll only see it on one full wall. The wall in the picture will probably stay the same.. I"m undecided as to whether or not i do the entire room or just leave it at two walls. I'll post some pictures once the kitchen goes in.
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum