Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help please with couch/furniture placement

Page 1 of 1
We are about to start renovations on our kitchen/meals/family area and I'm trying to choose a couch. We have found one we like that is a 3 seater with chaise and I don't know which side the chaise should be on! I've drawn up these very rough plans (not fully to scale but hopefully you get the idea) but there is no wall between the family and kitchen - these three areas are really one large room.

Would you have the couch with the chaise on the kitchen side? It would define the family room a little more but as it's only a chaise (therefore no back on it) shouldn't close it up too much? This would allow us to have an armchair maybe on the wall side?

Or would you have the chaise on the wall side? I wouldn't have it right up against the wall - maybe enough for a side table next to the couch? This would definitely open that space up between family and kitchen. We'd still have plenty of space for an occasional chair this way also?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Please advise where the windows are. I presume there is one looking towards outdoors. The idea is to draw your eye outside to create a sense of more space, so can the couches be faced the other way?
Also we need to know where the tv points are as well...
Related
18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much πŸ˜€ I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK πŸ˜€

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum