Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Exterior colour choices - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone

I think I have done good - however would love to hear if anyone thinks I have done bad or ugly!!!

I am very much a visual person and as I can't 'see' a picture of what this will look like, I am using my wild imagination!

Here is my elevation:

My current choice for colours is as follows:

Roof/Fascia/Gutters/Garage Door - Shale Grey
Window Frames - Silver Lustre
Main render - Dulux Tranquil Retreat
Blade going through roof on the left and also the left hand side of garage that has the little step back - Dulux Stepney
Blade on Garage that connects to the steel poles - Dulux Mt Eden

What do you think? I'm hoping I am on the right track. I was attempting to go with stony grey colours however would love any input anyone has!! Can't believe how hard it is to choose colours that don't make the other colours throw other colours!!!

I am concerned that the Tranquil Retreat will be too pale in full sun but anything darker is too close to the Stepney colour and they just don't go.

Has anyone used Tranquil Retreat for their exterior? Would love to see pics!!!

If you have any other colours that would be better, please let me know.

Thanks everyone. I REALLY appreciate any input anyone has.

Sorry for the novel!

PS: Just noticed the downpipe on the garage wall - thats not there, we have concealed downpipes on the front so disregard that one!!
I am no expert but tranquil retreat will be very light in the sun. If you want something a bit darker look at silkwort.
Are you having any colour or just all grey's? What colour will your garage and front fence be?
Was planning different shades of grey only.

There's also the metal poles and awning that will be powdercoated in a silver/metallic colour.

Garage is Shale Grey.

Currently there is a limestone retaining wall that is shown in the drawing so we will eventually put a fence up there that is painted probably Mt Eden.

What are you thinking D@n???

Thanks for replying, and you too Judydg.
Why not get a render of your plans done? There are two ( I know of ) offering that service here.

It really helped me get my mix of colours the way I wanted. I just couldn't visualise it properly since my plan and facade is a completely custom design through a small builder.

It took about 5-6 days for the service I used to take my plans, model the facade in 3D software and then apply materials / textures / colours.

( btw - cladding above is 'tranquil retreat' )
Kirstenl
What are you thinking D@n???

Bit concerned it may be too light and lacking colour and contrast. You could go stronger with some of the tones.
Gosh, I thought I was being brave with the Mt Eden blade wall!

We are right on the coast so I was trying to keep it light, without it being blinding in the sunlight.

Hmmm. I hate this! Unfortunately we had an issue with our original selections person and they gave us someone else who is absolutely wonderful but having done everything twice now, I'm a tad over it and don't want to play anymore.

Thanks D@n, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Related
21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

24/10/2023
Really really bad window installation

Windows & Doors

do not pay until you are satisfied with workmanship windows require flashing over the head archithrave and up under weatherboards

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum