Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Render Dilemma

Page 2 of 2
Julesy 71
The house in the photo was in Hillarys, but I don't actually know the address - I only know where it is by driving there! Sorry about that! It's a few streets back from Mawson's Park from memory.

We ended up going with all render on our exterior and the colour we ended up choosing was Vanilla Quake. It's gorgeous! We love it. It's a very neutral colour that's a warm grey and goes with everything. We have a rich/dark timber lining to our eaves/external ceilings and our front door and the render contrasts beautifully with it. It's a great colour! We went with Shale Grey for our roof, downpipes and metal posts/pillars and it works well with that (is very similar but slightly warmer). Our boundary fence is Woodland Grey and so that contrasts really well with the house and seems to 'frame' everything. We're really happy with our colours.

If you want to send me your email address I can email you some photos of our exterior. I find it really hard/time consuming to upload onto this site, so it would be easier to email you if that's suitable for you.

Hope this all helps a bit?! Good luck!

Julie

Hi, very late but can you send a photo of the façade maddymaguire84@gmail.com. we are choosing vanilla quake
Julesy 71
We actually ended up going with Shale Grey for the roof, guttering and downpipes and it looks fantastic. We're really glad we didn't go Surfmist as it would've been too stark given the size of our roof being quite large. It still looks really light but without being too reflective and prominent.

As far as the render goes, we are still not there yet! Our builder said we could decide right at the end, so I haven't locked it in yet. But I've found a gorgeous group of colours that I think we will go with. Our builder had samples done up with the render applied and they look great. The colour combination will either be Vanilla Quake with Rampart for a couple of darker highlight/feature sections or Rampart as the main colour with Doe for the highlights. Vanilla Quake is quite light, but we are quite keen to keep everything fairly light. It is a really nice warm grey colour without any unwanted undertones showing through.

Fingers crossed it looks as good on the walls when done!

Hey I know this was a while ago but would love a photo if possible
18925625@student.curtin.edu.au

Thanks
Hi Julie,
Can you please email me some photos of your exterior lolstars@hotmail.com
We are in the process of selecting colours and render. Also replacing fences.
Thanks so much Lauren
Related
8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

4/10/2023
Mending cracks in render

General Discussion

Do you have a scope of works? If have texture on wall now, the patch will show through The standard for repair of texture is to patch, re-texture corner to corner,…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum