Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

What do you find hard to do?

Page 1 of 1
While building, renovating and re-doing certain rooms in your home what elements do you find the hardest to do?

Colour selection, decoration, design, furniture selection and placement......

Post your questions and lets see if we can help with the problem.
wow, everyone must be doing very well.
Choosing window coverings?! Plantations or venetians?! Romans or Rollers? Or curtains? With or without pelmet? Or combinations of both?!! And what goes on what? On the windows? On the bifolds? On the balcony sliding door?! Aaaaggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

Tell me more!
Ok; here goes-
Downstairs- piano room (street facing, I teach from here), library, lounge, rumpus, 2x bifolds, dining room.
Upstairs- 3x bedrooms, bathroom, landing/kids retreat, master bedroom with window and sliding door balcony, ensuite.

Thinking dark timber venetians upstairs, but not sure about our room as there is a window (street facing) then on the same wall there is the sliding door to the balcony.

Downstairs we have no idea. Hubby likes plantations. I prefer double rollers or curtains?! I think I may have convinced him of curtains on bifolds? Is this the best option?

Suggestions welcome!!
Will help you on this tomorrow night.
Finished early tonight!

cinderella_375....to keep a balanced look on the exterior you need to make all the front windows the same fittings.

Have a think about which you would prefer and let me know.
No I agree it's window coverings and I am dreading organising them!!!
I find window dressing as personal as buying artwork, everyone has their own idea and likes
Related
15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

5/06/2023
OB in SA: Do you need a permit? recommendations

Owner Builder Forum

Looking to start the journey of becoming an owner builder in SA. Feeling pretty (overly) confident on the building and construction details, but really struggling to find…

6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum