Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Mixing traditional pavers with contemporary home

Page 1 of 1
Michelle and anyone else with an opinion

We have selected our front elevation colours
CB Dune roof, panel lift door and eaves
Dulux Fudge render + Mocha Magic feature balcony
Dulux River Red front door
Champagne aluminium semi industrial windows and sliders (soft silver colour)

House is similar to this pic although 2 m wider - consequently the porch is not incorporated under the balcony but is slightly forward (parapet).

front door colour (river red)

Cant find a pic of mocha magic or fudge (dulux) - possibly similar to house pic????

We recently purchased the attached for the driveway and perimeter paving.

Do you think these clay pavers will match the render and roof or are they too dramatic??? We've ordered the darkest ones they can make (lots of blue flashing). Alternatively should we change the front door colour to blue? I find selecting pavers similar to curtains ... damn difficult
Personally I'd go with a lighter creamy paver so to make the area look larger and therefore, the house feel larger/lighter.

I didn't think Dune was a blue based grey. Perhaps if your brick was Boral Blue Rio then maybe.

Of course - I'm not a colour expert!
stonecutter1309
Personally I'd go with a lighter creamy paver so to make the area look larger and therefore, the house feel larger/lighter.

I didn't think Dune was a blue based grey. Perhaps if your brick was Boral Blue Rio then maybe.

Of course - I'm not a colour expert!

oh oh.... DH is in love with them. It also looks ok when we put the colours together but maybe we are colour challenged
... and neither of us is fond of cream pavers
On ya DY!!!! Just when I think we have you sorted you go and do this.
There’s always someone who throws a spanner in the works!!

I have the A4 to the Mocha Magic in front of me, your right the pavers go well with your colours. By the way it’s Murray Red, not red river for your door.

There is a lot of blue in the pavers!!! And since hubby has his heart set on them, I say lay them anyway. A blue door???? It would have to be a really deep blue, to look any good with the style of your home.

Personally….I wouldn’t change the door colour, lay the pavers, keep the Murray Red, and use the pavers as a contrasting colour scheme.

Make sure when you move in you put some deep blue ceramic pots out the front with lush green plants in them.

I have the deep blue and Murray Red together, and it looks good.
yipeeee

Mish you are gorgeous. Love you to bits.

Thats it .... me all completo

The Murray Red stays (and so are the pavers ... we've paid for 'em ... major headache to change them now)
DeeElle
yipeeee

Mish you are gorgeous. Love you to bits.

Thats it .... me all completo

The Murray Red stays (and so are the pavers ... we've paid for 'em ... major headache to change them now)

So glade you are happy.
I think it should look good!!!
Quote:

this sounds nice! which window supplier makes that?
bec
Quote:

this sounds nice! which window supplier makes that?

champagne vivca .. Fairview I think.
DeeElle,
Love the look of this house and the coluors, I have saved it in my photo album for future reference when we will be choosing colours

If this is the house you are building it will look stunning!!
thanks Paula

What a nice thing to say.
Related
30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum