Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

What shade of Red

Page 2 of 2
[quote="Carolleigh

Pearl - do you mind taking a pic for us please? I don't think I would go 2 different colours either. What does your kitchen look like?[/quote]

I have no idea how to put pictures on this site but will ask DH when he comes home to see if he knows how. My kitchen is not a brand new one, we moved to this house 12months ago and wanted to make a few changes to the kitchen. We replaced the benchtops and have bought a new rangehood which we have put up and then had to take down and leave the bolts in the wall ready for the glass to be cut around. So the last thing is the splashback and the most difficult to choose a colour.
Well ladies I have made a decision on the splashback colour. I cannot find a red that I am 100% happy with and so because of this I am not going there. I have decided to play it safe and go with white, it will match my kitchen cupboards and compliment the stone.
Thankyou everyone who contributed to this thread I do appreciate all the help that came my way.
Caroleigh have you chosen your colour yet I would be interested to know what you picked?
Pearl - I am still choosing. I just spoke to my kitchen guy today and he said I could choose from Taubmans, Bristol or DUlix! I thought I could only use Dulux... so back to the drawing board.

I asked for a neutral alternative and he suggested white. Either crisp white onto starfire glass or crisp white onto plain glass to it will have a slight green tinge to it... what do you think?

My o/head cupboards are Laminex Espresso, my floor cabinets are Laminex Pumice and my benchtop, q/quartz Ice.

I still haven't decided. HELP!

Pearl - can you please also take of a photo of the red boards you painted for me.
Hi Carolleigh Just got the laminate brochure out to see your colours I cant see either of them but I can imagine what Espresso looks like and I have got a pumice stone so should imagine this colour. I have looked at your bench colour in the ice -very nice and i could see speckles of different colours in there one being a very light aqua colour . Soooooooh I think the white on clear glass would compliment all those colours.

Also the white that you were advised about Crisp White is this a dulux colour. I did not see this on the dulux chart.
I have picked White on White so hope this looks ok with white cabinets there are so many whites to choose from. I might have to look on some more kitchens to see the name of the whites used and what they look like.

Ill try again with the photos.
pearl
Hi Carolleigh Just got the laminate brochure out to see your colours I cant see either of them but I can imagine what Espresso looks like and I have got a pumice stone so should imagine this colour. I have looked at your bench colour in the ice -very nice and i could see speckles of different colours in there one being a very light aqua colour . Soooooooh I think the white on clear glass would compliment all those colours.

Also the white that you were advised about Crisp White is this a dulux colour. I did not see this on the dulux chart.
I have picked White on White so hope this looks ok with white cabinets there are so many whites to choose from. I might have to look on some more kitchens to see the name of the whites used and what they look like.

Ill try again with the photos.

Here are my colours I was talking about:

Espresso is the darker of the 2 greys. the red and silver are metaline splashbacks I was thinking of...obviously you know the pumice is the light clour and the other colour is the Ice QQ.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/Carolleigh/Kenthurst%20build/050.jpg

Here are some ideas I was playing with.... please tell me what you think.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/Carolleigh/Kenthurst%20build/kitchenimpressionredsplashback.jpg

or

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z445/Carolleigh/Kenthurst%20build/kitchenimpressiongreensplashback.jpg

I am not sure about the white... he didn't specify if it was actually a name or he was just being descriptive.
Hi Carolleigh that is a lovely kitchen. I think the red does look good Im not sure of what the other colour is, but of the two I prefer the red.
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum