Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Getting a Sofa / lounge made - Sydney

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,

I'd like some help in recommendations in getting a sofa made in a similar style to this one from Coco Republic. If you have an idea of cost that would be handy too! I'm in Sydney.
I'm helping my parents look around - they like this but it is on sale at the moment at around $7k. Was interested if you could get it made cheaper?

Thanks in advance

Bel
Try Matt Blatt replica furniture online or google> replica furniture. You might see something similar. Also Freedom may have something like that . If you find the design like that one they would be able to match the fabric from the picture.
Sarah
I would be keen to find a place as well Bel, I too am in Sydney and absolutely adore Coco Republic Furniture but it's just too expensive, I can't justify spending that kind of money on one piece of furniture!
Thanks Sarah, I think they have pretty much done the rounds of the Freedom type places, and I *think* they have been to Matt Blatt but will check. Will definately get onto google though!!!
Cheers!

Anyone else got any ideas?
Heya bel, do you realise any decent upholsterer will make it for you ?
Love Coco Republic and Jimmy Posum furniture.

Yep a little bit exy….that lounge is similar to what I’m looking for also.
^ Nope didn't Southies
I suppose it's not something I have really thought about before (nor have my parents) so had no idea where to start!

They are great aren't they Mich
I think a good lounge will cost them, however my parents are probably more inclined to spend around $5k
What, you mean they can make sofas from scratch, not just re-upholster them??

I've been looking and looking (so far via PC only) for sofas with nice simple shape but with a solid one piece back, not several pieces/cushions
and ideally the same for the seats, but seats are not such a problem since I can always replace them myself at Clark Rubber.
Lex
What, you mean they can make sofas from scratch, not just re-upholster them??
Of course, that's how I had mine done - both lounge suites!

Quote:
I've been looking and looking (so far via PC only) for sofas with nice simple shape but with a solid one piece back, not several pieces/cushions
I like the solid 1-piece backs too Lex. All my lounges have that kind of back
Finally some good news in sofa land, I had NO idea about this!!! Would you mind sending me the details of the place that made it? (and the dreadful question - how exy were they?
)

(... runs and checks out her formal room ... ) OMG they are the solid backs!!
They are so nice even just to look at!! let alone to live with them!
Lex
(and the dreadful question - how exy were they?
)

Noooooo don't ask that Lex!!! I am *still* hoping it will be affordable! Don't bust my bubble just yet!!!
Just to make sure we're getting "value for money" bel

I don't want to get all

Nice sofa! but... Coco prices are ludicrous - Proud Furniture Alexandria would make one for half that price. Good selection of fabrics and they make to your own size! Have you picked a fabric?
Thanks Kate - it's for my parents, and apparantely that fabric that they like, that is on the sofa in the picture - is quite pricey (not sure of the name - sorry!)
Well there are a couple of Warwicks Fabrics that it looks like... Milano or Beachcomber...off the top of my head... would bet there would be several more too like it. To be able to save a coupla grand I'd be happy to find something similar ? PS Don't be surprised if the "Oh this is very expensive fabric" is a line to make ppl feel better about paying 7K for a sofa hehehehe

kate xo
OMG yes that is what they got told "Oh this is a very expensive fabric"!!!!!!! Pretty sure it was a Warwick, and they went to the Warwick showroom somewhere.

Not sure what they are going to do actually! But there is no way Dad will pay $7k lol
Yep Warwick have awesome showrooms all over Oz so theres every chance they went to one...

If its Milano (again off the top of my head) its $66/m thats not OTT for fabric - (they can always ask Warwicks to send them a cutting of the fabric too they'll post it to them) and sure doesn't justify 7K. Lots of places to get something like that made WITH that fabric!

Wishing them good luck and keep us posted of how their search goes!

Kate xo
Found this at Harvey Norman last weekend, you can mix and match and order the configuration you want…..how cool is that! This is one I’m looking at.

Ohhh that looks great Mich. That's the config I want for our family area too!!! Does it say it's called "Yarra"? Can't quite read the sign on the seat.
Yep, the Yarra.
Related
9/07/2023
Multipurpose lounge with balcony

Building A New House

First time building 2 storey home in NSW. Below Current plan have separate balcony. But thinking to do a multipurpose lounge with balcony (kind of sunroom) in first floor…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum