Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Feature wall help please

Page 2 of 3
Sorry love!!

That's how I painted the feature wall in my study area... I think it's about the same size as your lounge???
I went for B. I prefer the feature wall to go behind the TV in a living area and the color is great .
flagstaffIV
:lol:
Sorry love!!

That's how I painted the feature wall in my study area... I think it's about the same size as your lounge???

Your study does look awesome... but two walls does mean more painting
.. even if it does look better. [And i'm certainly not patient enough to measure and paint stripes
]
LOL! Certainly don't need to paint stripes!! Might just need to be a shade lighter than the reed green so the room it not looking too dark. Then just have some small frames in a row above the TV cabinet.

I'll find you some inspirations pics
I think you have pick it flagstaff
I voted for "c". That deep reed is gorgeous. From your options it works best behind the tv, but i think FlaggstaffIV's idea of having both the window and behind the couch walls painted will look really good!
Thanks flagstaff! Thanks pattycake4 and Bel&Marz for you comments in agreement. That picture looks gorgeous.. and is certainly the look i'm after. I'm thinking that the framed images should be on the wall behind the couch... because if it was behind the tv ?? it might look too busy ?? might detract from watching tv. Still have to convince DP though. I had nearly convinced him on the wall behind the tv because there was only one wall and it was smaller than the others so less painting and the photos and colour options Erin provided certainly helped too

Flagstaff are you free to come around and do the painting for me?
Flagstaff I just had a good look at your home build... even though i'd looked at your painted feature walls before [plenty of times]... i'd never actually looked at your plans before. I just noticed that your study [or home theatre in your plans] and entry hall are pretty much the exactly same layout as our lounge and entry hall. I like that you can see the splash of colour from your study from the entrance.. and painting the two walls in the study worked well with your layout. So maybe my feature wall/walls will look okay after all

The offer still stands too are you free to come around to do the painting? Don't let the state borders in between us deter you
Frames behind couch
pattycake4
Frames behind couch

^^^ +1 Definitly!

If you find that the wall behind the tv needs "something" i would recommend to hang the tv up on your wall!
I'm sure which ever way you decide to go will look great, and any extra work will be well worth it!
If I was to do the walls as flagstaff suggested.. this is what it may look like

Deep Reed

I was thinking that since I have lots of Robinhood paint left over maybe I could use it instead of deep reed to save money?? It doesn't look very different at all. Well to me anyway.

Robinhood

I still prefer feature behind tv
miss_new_home_owner
If I was to do the walls as flagstaff suggested.. this is what it may look like

Deep Reed

I was thinking that since I have lots of Robinhood paint left over maybe I could use it instead of deep reed to save money?? It doesn't look very different at all. Well to me anyway.

Robinhood

Will you be keeping the window sill and architraves white? To be honest, if you were to go that way, i think they would need to be white to give the room some balance. The window wall looks a little odd on those pics. In saying that, i do love it. Though, i am picturing the room with the white around the window.
pattycake4
I still prefer feature behind tv

At least you have a preference...I still can't decide
Will you be keeping the window sill and architraves white? To be honest, if you were to go that way, i think they would need to be white to give the room some balance. The window wall looks a little odd on those pics. In saying that, i do love it. Though, i am picturing the room with the white around the window.

Yes if I do end up painting the feature walls in that way I intend to keep the window sill and architraves white. I'm just not a pro at using the dulux software.. and couldn't be bothered using the meticulous eraser tool to unpaint the window sills and make the feature wall edges straight etc..
Yes if I do end up painting the feature walls in that way I intend to keep the window sill and architraves white. I'm just not a pro at using the dulux software.. and couldn't be bothered using the meticulous eraser tool to unpaint the window sills and make the feature wall edges straight etc..

You definitly done a far better job at using that software than i did! Something always goes wrong and then i give up!

I really love that colour, it's gorgeous! I still can't spot the difference between the deep reed and the robinhood. I tried, but they look the same to me. I am half blind though, so don't take my word for it!

Both the painted wall behind the tv and the two walls painted would look great, so which ever one you decide to go with will definitly look good!
Goodluck
Bel&Marz

You definitly done a far better job at using that software than i did! Something always goes wrong and then i give up!

I really love that colour, it's gorgeous! I still can't spot the difference between the deep reed and the robinhood. I tried, but they look the same to me. I am half blind though, so don't take my word for it!

Both the painted wall behind the tv and the two walls painted would look great, so which ever one you decide to go with will definitly look good!
Goodluck

The Deep Reed is posibly a bit bolder and very slightly darker. I do like the Deep Reed for being slightly darker and a bit bolder.. but I think that I like saving money better.
I would go the cheaper option also... Robinhood is a lovely colour.
miss_new_home_owner
The Deep Reed is posibly a bit bolder and very slightly darker. I do like the Deep Reed for being slightly darker and a bit bolder.. but I think that I like saving money better.

I too would prefer to save the money.
Related
18/09/2023
Feature brick discoloured

General Discussion

hmmm id assume youll get hit with the "natural product therefore variation in colour etc" excuse. How bad are we talking? One could argue that if none of the displays or…

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

18/02/2024
Retaining wall not built to specifications, PC help

General Discussion

Thanks for your reply! All valid points and I agree with you on many of them. I am in QLD, any recommendations on a construction lawyer would be helpful

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum