Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

wallpaper to complement dulux grand piano

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

We have a lounge room at the front of our house to be. Walls will be dulux grand piano, with lexicon white for the ceiling. Jarrah floorboards will cover the floor. We are thinking of a nice wallpaper (Damask style??) as a feature wall. Only problem, what colour ?

Grand piano is a bit grey and a bit brown, so should we go with a charcoal / grey colour, or something more earthy ?

Any suggestions ?
Howdy all.

Figured I would pop in and show you all a wallpaper we found and are considering buying. It is from an e-bay seller, and looks like this:

We plan for it to go in our front living room, on the wall that faces the hallway. The rest of the room would be Grand Piano half strength.

Floorboards are laminated Jarrah in semi-gloss

Good old linden from Beacon lighting for the main light:

We plan to put a large mirror (either mirrored or rustic framed - which one you think would go better?) as the centerpiece in the middle of the wall, with a loungue at the other end. (can anyone suggest a good place to get a glass framed mirror ?)

We are concerned that the wallpaper might be too dark, given its a 4 x 4.2 meter lounge room...its a tad on the small side (compared to some of the bigger ones we have seen online here
)

We are concerned that the wallpaper might be too dark for the room... do you agree, or is it ok ?

Also, do you think it would go with the dulux grand piano colour and floorboards ? Not sure if it helps, but we will probably put white venetians or plantation shutters in the front windows with a sheer curtain (probably similar colour to the wallpaper) over the top of the blinds.

The house also faces true north, so I guess the room will be under natural light for most of the day.

Any thoughts ? Has anyone done dark wallpaper as a feature wall ?
Captain Morgan…LOVE the paper!
Go for it…..

Yep, I agree. It shouldn't be too dark with north facing windows. At night with shutters closed it will also look very sophisticated!
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum