Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Paint colour help - White! There are so many!

Page 1 of 1
I'm looking for a white wall paint, that doesn't have a cream/yellow look. I don't mind if it leans more towards a grey tinge.

Does anyone have any suggestions (bonus points for pictures
).

Thanks
If you want to lean towards grey undertones, try Dulux Lexicon, either full, half or quarter.

Judie
Dulux White Watsonia
http://www.inspirationspaint.com.au/ins ... collection
When you make a decision make sure you are very specific when ordering. We ordered Off White and had professional painters do a brilliant job. Only prob was our unit was turned into the "Big Banana". Unknown to us there were 2 catalogues on white by the same company (Directions in White and Solutions in White) with 100's of different versions of the colour white! We ended up with Off White from the other catalogue and it was a completely different colour and look. Must point out though, we went back to paint supplier and showed them our test paint pot and the real paint pot - they gave us new paint in the right the colour. Unfortunately we didn't have the time or money to pay the painters to redo the job! We wish we had gone with Antique White USA as it always looks really good. Oh well, live and learn!
We used ORCHID for our whole interior ..... I love it.

White plantations look great with it and my blinds are a colour called Onyx ..... all tie in lovely!

Pre plantation/blinds photo below:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee182/suzanne251151/lightson.jpg

Jazz
Dulux 'Fair Bianca'
Judie
If you want to lean towards grey undertones, try Dulux Lexicon, either full, half or quarter.

Judie

Yes - Lexicon has the Grey undertones - check out our thread -the walls are Lexicon and our ceiling and trims and doors are Lexicon Half.

In the photos it looks more blue than in real life because of the flash - I'll try and take some on a nice cunny day without the flash on.

Good Luck deciding
Judie

TheOK
Dulux White Watsonia

mecha-wombat
Dulux 'Fair Bianca'

sleven
Yes - Lexicon has the Grey undertones - check out our thread -the walls are Lexicon and our ceiling and trims and doors are Lexicon Half.

Jazzie
We used ORCHID for our whole interior ..... I love it.

Thank you so much for the suggestions (and for the photos!). I've noted them all down to have a 'real life' look at!

Beachy
When you make a decision make sure you are very specific when ordering. We ordered Off White and had professional painters do a brilliant job. Only prob was our unit was turned into the "Big Banana". Unknown to us there were 2 catalogues on white by the same company (Directions in White and Solutions in White) with 100's of different versions of the colour white! We ended up with Off White from the other catalogue and it was a completely different colour and look. Must point out though, we went back to paint supplier and showed them our test paint pot and the real paint pot - they gave us new paint in the right the colour. Unfortunately we didn't have the time or money to pay the painters to redo the job! We wish we had gone with Antique White USA as it always looks really good. Oh well, live and learn!

Oh no! Yes, our current colour is a bit 'big banana-ish'. I've heard a lot about the Antique White USA so I've noted that down too.

Thanks again everyone
RenoBliss
I've heard a lot about the Antique White USA so I've noted that down too.

It's lovely but does have a pink base. Just wanted to point that out seeing you asked for a cooler colour. If Lexicon is too cool/blue you might also try Whisper White. I think it has a greenish grey undertone. good luck!
Has anyone tried Dulux Natural White? We are thinking of going with this white, as it seems to be quite bland and simple without a particular undertone through it.
It's annoying isn't it? God I hated picking paint colours. They could do everyone a favour by reducing the number of choices!
Taubmans China Doll, this is very white with slightly grey undertones. I too wanted a cool white. We have only done the ceilings so far so haven't got a photo to post yet.
xquisite
RenoBliss
I've heard a lot about the Antique White USA so I've noted that down too.

It's lovely but does have a pink base. Just wanted to point that out seeing you asked for a cooler colour. If Lexicon is too cool/blue you might also try Whisper White. I think it has a greenish grey undertone. good luck!

Oh, thanks for that. I love pink, but not for the walls!

kineso
It's annoying isn't it? God I hated picking paint colours. They could do everyone a favour by reducing the number of choices!

I agree! Who knew there were so many versions of 'white'!!

TheShed
Taubmans China Doll, this is very white with slightly grey undertones. I too wanted a cool white. We have only done the ceilings so far so haven't got a photo to post yet.

Thanks for that rec. Sounds like what we want.
We are just looking at whites now - very confusing. We are looking at Taubmans paints.
Jazzie your interior looks lovely. Did you use the same colour for your walls and kitchen cupboards?
I'm thinking of using Dulux antique white USA as I quite like the warmth.
If I do that what colour cupboards?
We used Dulux Natural White on our ceilings. I love it! It is a perfect white - not cream and not too "cold".
We used Dulux Lexicon. It's a unique colour in that the only colour that is added is black. Truly neutral. It looks great.
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum