Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Colour throughout house

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I've always like a nice grey with a slightly hint of brown in the lounge room/hallways through out the house but now I've seen a beautiful lounge room on Postcards last night of a B&B with a light yellow ceiling and red brick walls, which looked so inviting.
Of course I won't be having red brick walls but I wonder how I could create such a warm atmosphere?

I don't want to go too crazy because what happens if I don't like it after a few years? Can't keep painting every few years.

What should I do? Should I stick to my original plan with the greyish/brownish colours and use light and a big fireplace to create a warmness in the big open plan living/lounge and kitchen? The kitchen will be a bit rustic with medium brown timber.

Also, I want the same colour scheme throughout the house besides the bathrooms. If I'd go with warm reddish/yellowish colours, could that be a bit of an overkill??

I appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you in advance!
I would stay away from a yellow toned ceiling. The grey browns are so popular as they are inviting and you can put any colour accessories with them. Much easier to change accessories than paint. I tend to change my accessories summer and winter so i can play with the colours that way
Related
1/11/2023
New house colour is wrong!!

General Discussion

welcome to learning that colours vary in different lighting conditions.

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum