Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

You get what you pay for (blinds/curtains) - true or not?

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, I am still very undecided on window furnishing. So far we've been to victory blinds and I got a quote just under $9000 ($8800). Its a combination of sunblinds, 3 eco blinds/venitians, and curtains to almost all the rooms. These guys offer 5 yr warranty. The eco blinds are from Hunter Douglas (which are supposed to be the IT of blinds manufacturers).

We had another quote from Into blinds. Really nice guy and the quote was $2200 - but that just for all the sunblinds and 3 eco blinds. I would still have to get the curtains. So pretty much it seems as though the damn curtains are going to cost me over $6000
They offer 1 year warranty.

Hubby wants to do it all himself, go to Spotlight and get the curtains, make his own pelmets, get eco blinds from freedom (we noticed they sell them there)... and I am sure he could... but there is a little voice in my head which is saying to me "you get what you pay for" and I am just afraid that if we spend say $3000 on blinds/curtains now, they will break apart in a few years time and we will have to find another $3-4k to replace them, etc... etc... etc...

So should I look past the price (and to be honest we didn't account for blinds at all
) and think of it as a long term investment?

Also, is it worth me trying to get a discount.. and say maybe bring that price down to $8000
I got my blinds from into blinds and there is certainly nothing wrong with the quality.. they probably just don't mark it up as much as the bigger companies.
Related
2/06/2023
Ebays Motorised curtains

Building A New House

have you used any of the motorised curtain systems available from Ebay? Which one and how is it?

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum