Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Basswood Shutters from Decorama

Page 1 of 1
Anyone has dealt with Decorama before?
I got a quote for the basswood shutters (2.4x2 and 1.8x2) for $2325. It is significantly cheaper than the others. Others have quoted me around $3K.
I am quite reluctant to go ahead with them as they are in Tamworth NSW and I am in Melbourne.

Their website is www.decorama.com.au
Hi connexion,
I had a look at their website…..I would be a bit hesitant to go with them.

If you are looking for quality to last, maybe they are not for you.

Shutters are not cheap, and anyone looking to use shutters will need to know this, if you want quality you should expect to pay for them. Don’t go for the cheapest, you may be VERY disappointed.

Who’s going to measure your windows? YOU? No offence here, but if they are not measured correctly you could end up with shutters that don’t fit.
Who’s going to install them? If they are in another state….I can guarantee it want be them.

These are the things you need to think about. Go locally, that way if there are any problem, you can get them back to fix the issue.

Just my opinion, good luck!
But be prepared to put your hands DEEP into your pockets for shutters!
Hi Connexion,
Michelle is right be careful not sure what part of Melbourne you are in but if you are South East there is a blind place called Mr. Blinds Ph. 9776 5517 he seems to be reasonable with prices and I have seen his work, he does the blinds for Pro Struct builders for there display homes, they are the builders we are building with. The person we are dealing with is Steve. I have had about 5 quotes so far and he has been the best.

http://wwwdjsblogcom.blogspot.com.au
Michelle,

Thanks for your reply. Your comments make sense to me.

Di,

Thanks for the info. I will call him today.
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum