Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

I need help pllleeeeease, bathroom tiles and cabinets

Page 1 of 1
I really really need to get this sorted this week and I've confused myself by looking at soooo many colours.
We have picked the tiles we want for the bathroom floor as shown in the below pics. They will be 600x300 though, with gloss white 600x300 tiles covering the walls to the roof.

I know it's a bit hard looking at ******* photos, but can you tell me which you like better, option 1 or option 2. These are the ones we've narrowed it down to, well, hubby picked option 1, but I'm still not sure which will go better. Option 1 will definately be darker.

Or are we totally off the mark lol.
option 1

option 2

Thanks
From your pics, I like Option 2
!
I did pick number 2 because it's probably a safer pick, but for some reason I actually also like number 1. Maybe because it's a bit different, a little wow I think.
The second option is safer, the first option will be funkier and be different. I am a funky fan
IS the black laminate going to be the benchtop or the doors? If you are having a dark floor tile a light door and a dark benchtop I think looks best.

I personally like the look of option 1.

Have you seen the laminate called Paprio Storm? From what I can see of your tiles I think you would find that it matches.
netadelle
IS the black laminate going to be the benchtop or the doors? If you are having a dark floor tile a light door and a dark benchtop I think looks best.

I personally like the look of option 1.

Have you seen the laminate called Paprio Storm? From what I can see of your tiles I think you would find that it matches.

No, I haven't seen that one, which brand is it?

Nah, the dark laminates are going to be the cupboards with the light tops. Only because those tiles are only going to be on the floor, then the rest of the bathroom is going to be tiled to the roof with gloss white tiles, so wanted the dark contrast of the cupboards against those.

argggghhhh, I'm so confused, they look really different in different light. I like number 2 as it is the safer option and something you probably wouldn't get sick of in a hurry, but number 1 would also make a feature out of the cupboards... hmmmmm

anyone else?? DH was no help, he said he didn't care
We are using Paprio storm in our bathrooms, with a very similar floor tile.

I think it is maybe from Formica. Click on the Blacks http://www.formica.com.au/colourcollection.aspx and it is there.

I still think you are better of with a dark benchtop with dark tiles. I was going to do it the way you are, with the dark doors and light top. Then I went to my friends house and she showed me her bathroom with the dark benchtop and dark floor tiles and it looked really good.

This is from a display home. But just to show you what I mean.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee153/netadelle/IMG_8042.jpg
I picked option 2 also just cos it is a bit lighter and I'm not a huge fan of black cupboards.
Option 1 from me for sure. It has more ooomph and class.
I love Licorice Linea, so I am picking no 2.
One of the reasons why I don’t look at colours at work is the comp is pretty bad!

Is the floor tile a chock brown?
Michelle
One of the reasons why I don’t look at colours at work is the comp is pretty bad!

Is the floor tile a chock brown?

No not really a choc brown. It's sort of a cross between grey and brown. It looks different in different lights. In the tile shop it looked really brown, but it was in a dark corner, got it out into the sunlight and it looked quite grey. I've put it in the bathroom at home with natural light and also with the light on and it still looks kinda inbetween. (sorry, not much help I know).

Thing is, number 1 seems to make it look quite grey, whereas the second one, brings out the brown in it.

I've had it sitting on the kitchen bench for 2 nights with both the colours on it, and everytime I walk past it, I change my mind... arggghhhh.

I really like number 1 to make the cabinet a feature, BUT, in the main bathroom, I am going to have those tiles also up and around the bath surround, as the white around the bath with small children is a nightmare (been there done that), and the bath is opposite the cabinet. Then in the ensuite, was going to do a feature wall in the shower with that tile too, but it's not next to the cupboards, but don't know if number 1 AND having those tiles as a feature will be too much.

There will be the gloss white tiles underneath the cabinets as well on the kicker.
Now I’m home I can see the colours for what they are, I’m going to say Option 2.
I love the laminate in option one, but I see a contrast in it and the tiles, which is not a bad thing normally.

But in this case I think the laminate in option 2 goes better with the floor tile.
Thankyou all so much for your input. Today I had decided I thought I may go with number 1, but seeing as though we are having essa stone in our kitchen, I decided maybe we should put it in the bathrooms too. We are using purity in the kitchen and would use the same in the bathrooms, so not much pattern, but I think the stone tops are a feature as well no matter what colour, so if the quote comes in o.k with those tops, then I will definately be going with number 2 as I don't want to go overboard and think it will just look better with stone tops.

Thanks again for all your help
I'm stressed. We were going to have fudge stream laminex for benchtop for bathroom and asphalt coloured cupboards. Tiles are black. Now I am thinking of switching the cupboards to alabaster or something like that?!?..ahhhh the stress.
Dollar
I'm stressed. We were going to have fudge stream laminex for benchtop for bathroom and asphalt coloured cupboards. Tiles are black. Now I am thinking of switching the cupboards to alabaster or something like that?!?..ahhhh the stress.

Yes…that’s a pretty dark combo, you may need a break in colour on the vanity.
...with some more thought going to leave it as is. I love the dark look and also love the bits of white (eg: vanity etc). The shower has some gorgeous large glass tiles that I picked out. I just love them to bits and so I guess these tiles will highlight and be the main feature of the bathroom whilst the rest of it is black/very dark. Plus..the ceiling will be white and the walls where no tiles will be so I'm confident it'll work well. I was just thinking about backing out of my original idea and going with white cupboards or something alike. The stress of building. lol
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

4/06/2023
Bathroom reno - do i need a bathtub

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hello It is good to have a planned bathroom reno to suit your budget and design, living for 10 years I think you need a bathtub

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum