Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Teenage boy's room

Page 2 of 2
House-To-Be
I'm with kexkez, my DD got a new double bed for her birthday last weekend. She has a double doona on it and there is not much overhang. My sister said I should have gone for a queen. But she is still young so the double fits over her fine. In a few years time when her linen is due for an upgrade I'll get her a queen. I'm thinking with your older boy being older/bigger then a Queen would fit over him better. Doubles for KS definitely.

Come Inside is great for getting things cheaper but it's one of those sites that you have to check regularly. I got mine (Linen House) and DD's (Freckles and Roomur) linen from there last year cheap.

Kexkez, hope you are enjoying your new linen

Great find on the bed factory too Kek

There's also a nice Manchester shop up the Coles end at Westfields, Plenty Valley. Did you go there?

Hijacking your thread to respond. The caligraphy is not so dramatic and stand out as it seems from these pictures thankfully.
The new linen is lovely. A little more bronze/gold than the taupe colour I was expecting from the pictures but still very nice. It makes the room colours seems quite different. I still haven't sewn up my "lace" curtains. Still waiting for one holland blind that had to be remade as well. Hope they go ok. I bought kingsize intending to buy a new kingsized quilt because somehow in our move to here last year my lovely super heavy/warm kingsize quilt disappeared.
But I've laid it over my queen sized quilt atm and it's only a small amount bigger so I might start using it straight away.
I bought 2 matching additional decorative pillows as well. The plain black square cushions are the extra ones I got. The fabric is very nice on your skin.
Once the new clothes line is up on the weekend and Hubby can easily wash up the current quilt cover I'm going to swap them over.
I like it Kexkez....

I actually passed on a super-bargain king-sized quilt cover set at Adairs yesterday. The colours were perfect for our room, and I loved the pattern...but I'd already spent a small fortune on stuff for the kids and I still have my landscaping materials to buy (and hubby's birthday present for Tuesday - no idea what to get him!
)

Now I'm regretting it and thinking of maybe going back tomorrow and seeing if it's still there. We don't have a king-sized bed, but plan to get one. Eventually.

Anyway, I found quilt covers for the boys at K Mart of all places, and then wandered into Harris Scarfe yesterday to find they had a huge manchester clearance on, and got another set there. It's a start.
kek
I like it Kexkez....

I actually passed on a super-bargain king-sized quilt cover set at Adairs yesterday. The colours were perfect for our room, and I loved the pattern...but I'd already spent a small fortune on stuff for the kids and I still have my landscaping materials to buy (and hubby's birthday present for Tuesday - no idea what to get him!
)

Now I'm regretting it and thinking of maybe going back tomorrow and seeing if it's still there. We don't have a king-sized bed, but plan to get one. Eventually.

Anyway, I found quilt covers for the boys at K Mart of all places, and then wandered into Harris Scarfe yesterday to find they had a huge manchester clearance on, and got another set there. It's a start.

I'm not surprised over the Kmart ones. Sometimes you find things in the most unexpected places. We've had some lovely ones from target in the past. We were in Big W the weekend after i ordered the linen house quilt and they had something almost identical. hey also had another quilt which seemed a bit too brocade look-ish for my taste. But DH suggested buying it!! I had to admit to buying the other quilt then. oops. Have seen a number of lovely ones on that site though. I'd love to get a light coloured one with a simple print on it for summer. ( there's one with poppies that's nice and another with a simple leaf and stem pattern on just part of the cover) But for the moment we are back on the "no spending" rule again. We just got our first electrical bill. Ouch!!. So post a pic of the ones you got for your boys. Are they plain? striped? a picture? geometrical? or what?
The K Mart ones are on layby, along with two double doonas and new pillows. But this is the one I got at HS (reduced from $130 to $78):

I think I'll see if I can run the stripes sideways....
The colours aren't quite right in the photo - I actually took my paint sample chips with me to make sure I was choosing the right colours. I hate it when you find the perfect thing, and get it home to find it's the wrong shade entirely.
Very nice I like that.
Good price to!
that's a lovely cover for a boy kek. I spotted a couple of striped ones on "comeinside" that i quite liked for the boys. and no we don't have a KS bed only a queen I just want a KS quilt.
One of those odd coincidences: The bedlinen is from Linen House and the design is "Bridgeport".

Which house did we build.....? That's right, the Porter Davis Bridgeport.
Spooky.
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

14/12/2023
Dark living room

General Discussion

sorry mate, not wasting more time on this. Youve completely missed the mark on some fundamentals and regardless of how many times i try and put it to you differently, you…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum