Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

help needed with bathroom tile please

Page 1 of 1
I have found a fabulous tile which looks like travertine - RAK Cavestone chocolate - it is mottled. It is a predominantly milk choc brown colour. I would love to use it all over on the walls and floor. Tiles go to ceiling and the bathroom is big - 3.5m x 4.5m. vanity tops are caesarstone latte (beige) while double basin and vanity doors, free standing bath and toilet are white. Ceilings and windows frames etc are 1/4 hog bristle. There is a huge mirror with silver frame and the shower is a double with frameless glass door. I will have off white plantation shutters at the windows. ceiling height is 2.7m
Will this tile be too dark to use all over?
or
the tile also comes in a soft beige so should I do the floor and 1 feature wall in the dark tile and the other 3 walls in the lighter beige tile?

What does everyone think? I would also appreciate your expert advice please Michelle!

tiles are illustrated here http://www.prestigetiles.com/pdf/cavestone-factfile.pdf however the tiles are much nicer than depicted. the beige is the tile I am thinking of co-ordinating with the chocolate. the ivory is too grey.

Which way should I go?
I think it will look great!
I think it would look stunning, very intimate.
sorry girls - I have edited my post - so I am tossing up between 2 choices
I’ll have a look tonight.
kerrin62…..as nice as it sounds; I truly think a full bathroom in that choc tile will be too dark.

Your second idea is good.

OR…you could use the beige for floor and wall and do a feature wall in the choc, complemented with choc towels.

Remember…dark flooring shows everything, and will the choc tile be on the floor in the shower? I hope not…..soap scum will be a problem.
Thanks Michelle! I will follow your advice. Tho the choc is lovely it will be too dark. I will do a feature wall in the chocolate and I certainly wont put it in the shower recess.
Related
18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

2/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help for bathroom/laundry

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is a very tight fit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve what you've described. Would you consider accessing the separate toilet from the laundry? If so maybe…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum