Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

HELP! What colour scheme with an Acid Stained floor?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Michelle/Anyone who wants to contribute...

My OH and I are at the beginning of the building process, so are starting to think about colours. My OH is a Decorative Concreter by trade, so he wants to have our main living area (open plan kitchen, dining, living) done in an acid stained polished concrete.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/664/ ... etans1.jpg

My question is that I really have NO IDEA about what colour scheme would go well with this. Neither of us are flashy people, so we're thinking nuetral tones here, and we want a house that stays quite "light" and "open". So I'm worried that with a floor that has a slightly darker look to it, we may not be able to achieve this?

My main concer is what scheme to do the kitchen in? Kitchen will look like this:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9339/bostonkitchen.jpg

With an acid stain floor, would you recommend keeping the cupboards and bench top in white shades? Or could we dare to go with a slightly darker top to match the floors?

Oh its all so overwhelming I don't know where to start!!
McBecks……love the polished acid concrete!
Is that the colour you will be using, I know you can get other colours as well.

I also like your planned kitchen, as the kitchen looks in the photos is fine if you wanted use those selections.

The BIG thing is the paint work and the shade you go there, there is more ceiling and wall space than there is floor, so this is the area you need to keep light. Like in the pic of the kitchen you put up.

Do that and you won’t have a problem with your flooring.
Oh, thanks so much Michelle!
Yep, we love the acid staining too, will probably stay with the colours as in the firs photo, maybe with slightly darker browny/gold hues. But not dark, dark.

I agree, and am pleased we have someone else's opinions to use when making out decision now! Will most likely go with a lighter top, then slightly darker cupboards, though not as dark as in the dsiplay home photo. And will maybe think of some good contrast colours to use as a splashback.... hmmm... will get thinking!
Thaks again.
My pleasure…..have fun
Related
16/12/2023
Brick Problems - Acid Burn?

Building A New House

I am not a brick expert, but rendering would be 1 option, it would be costly to do the entire house though....

26/01/2024
Caustic acid bleach on driveway

General Discussion

Hi. My son cleaned a oil spill with ' CRC oil fighter stain remover' on a coloured n sealed driveway. It has now left white bleaching stains that we can't get out. Any…

12/02/2024
colour scheme

General Discussion

I'm renovating - building a small extension at the back of the late Edwardian house. This is the first stage. Second stage of the renovation will be to replace roof on…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum