Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help needed please michelle

Page 1 of 1
Hello, Hoope you are well. i am in the process of almost completing our home. I have a dilema with colours. I like the 1/4 strength Hog's bristle for the walls, someone said I must also do the doors and architraves the same with the 1/4 hog's bristle, what do you think? with the cornices and skirtings I want to go white or should I go antique white? The floors downstairs are 600 x600 white polished porcelin tiles and upstairs I will be having blackbutt wooden floors, am i going in the right direction with the colour choices?
My kitchen the doors will be polar white and the bench top willl be essa stone basmati and the splashback hog's bristle, with the splashback do you think i must go another colour, any ideas please iwould love to hear what you think. Thanks, Maria
Maria……welcome!

There are 2 ways you can go with your walls and trims.

1) ¼ Hog for all of them, walls and trims…plus doors. Ceilings all white
2) ¼ Hog for walls and white for the trims, plus doors this will complement your Polar White kitchen. Ceilings all white.

Now either way is fine, just depends if you want a contrast or not between walls, trims and doors.

Also I would think about going ½ or full strength for the splash back in Hog it will make the Essa Stone Basmati stand out better.

Dulux Hog Bristle full

Half

Quarter
Thank-you Michelle, your help has been greatly appreciated.
Thanks from me too Michelle - I've been wondering almost the same thing! Actually I was swinging between Hogs Bristle and Sandy Day - any comment on that one please?
I’m working with Sandy Day at the moment with a client, it’s a nice colour.

Sandy Day

Hog
Thanks Michelle, it is a nice colour. Do you think it goes well with a grey (new graphite) kitchen, with touches of black, white and dark red? And what strength are you using? I'm also tossing up about using white for architraves and skirting - is there a general guideline for these? I was thinking quarter for walls, with half strength for the trims. I love this forum!
My client is using ½ Sandy Day.
I just put it with a deep grey, so it will work with all your other colour selections, ¼ or ½ strength will be best for you.

Yes your paint selection sounds good for your trims.

There’s no rule to skirts, arcks and doors, it just depends if you want a contrast between the walls or not. For quite a few years now, the trend had been to paint everything the one colour. It’s now back into fashion to have your trims a contrasting colour….so whatever you like to do, who cares about the trends.
Hi Michelle,
I'm thinking about using Sandy Day in the house we are planning to build as my niece has used it in her house with antique white trims & it looks good.
I also like Buff It is there much difference between them & which one to you prefer?
Loretta
Hi Lorrette, Buff It is VERY close in colour to Sandy Day only slightly darker.

I like both colours, I must admit, until the other day I was not aware of Sandy Day, its in my new fan deck which I still don’t use that much. I’m quite taken with Sandy Day, I think I’ll be using it more often.
Thanks for your help Michelle. I might go and have another look at my niece's walls again before deciding.
Loretta
Thanks Michelle - it's so good to have you to confirm my [confused] thoughts about colour! Another shade I really like is Sago.
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum