Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Second guessing our color selection...PLEASE HELP!

Page 1 of 1
Hi Michelle and everyone else,

We have started second guessing our color choices and was after some feedback please.

Below is the color of our floor boards (excuse the laminex samples in the middle of floorboards)
We don't want to change this, but need something to go well with it, to get the WOW factor
with our kitchen.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/brojas7906/floorboardbenchtopkitchencupboards.jpg
These are the cupboards we had decided on (Stipple seal)
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/brojas7906/stippleseal.jpg
With Catalana marble or White Valencia for the bench tops (very similar)
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/brojas7906/white_valencia.jpg

We are also having a white tile splashback with a silver metalic feature tile running through it and waterfdall edges. Because our kitchen is quiet large we are a bit worried about whether it will be too much white or not???

What do you think???

OR...

What do you think about this possible combo...

Floorboards
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/brojas7906/floorboardbenchtopkitchencupboards.jpg
New antique white cupboards
Black Marble benchtops

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p371/brojas7906/black_marble.jpg

Please help, we are getting brain drain trying to decide.

Any help is highly appreciated, cheers PFM
I know how you feel, I'm second guessing some of our colour selections as well! I think some of ours might be too trendy and I will HATE them in a few years

Personally, I think choice number 2. I ADORE polished floors, dark stone bench tops together with white or lighter cupboards. It's a timeless look, you can add colour with accessories- and then change them if you change your mind

But I'm certainly no Michelle
so good luck!! I hope it all works out for you
I like your first choice. My sister just did Stipple Seal cupboards with a white benchtop and it looks great. I would also get a brushed metalic kickboard to go with your silver feature strip.
SuH: Love the way your mind thinks gal...
I was just coming back in here to say we
have nutted it out with many others opinions and have decided on keeping our original
colours and tying in the silver metalic feature tile from our splashback in with adding
a silver kickboard, I think this will be great, you know what they say about great minds......

Thanks guys.
pinkfairymagic
have nutted it out with many others opinions and have decided on keeping our original
colours and tying in the silver metalic feature tile from our splashback in with adding
a silver kickboard, I think this will be great, you know what they say about great minds......

Thanks guys.

oooooh, I got one right
hahaha
are we smart...or are we smart
SuH
pinkfairymagic

Thanks guys.

oooooh, I got one right
hahaha
are we smart...or are we smart

With the way your house came up, I'm taking your word for it SuH...LOL
You house is super stunning....Yeah we're pretty good hahahahaha
double
I like the fist one as well….now second guessing comes from too much time re thinking things.

This happens all the time. Stick with it…..now move on to something else.

How’s the landscaping looking?
that first combo sounds lovely.
beautiful flooring btw
Hi there

We have stipple seal for our below bench cupboards in the kitchen, and essa stone purity for bench tops (the most white stone in the range) and polar white cupboards overhead cupboards, hard wood floors in ironbark and the splashback is chocolate heaven sparkle (don't you just love that name
). Everything is in except the splashback and the floorboards and it does look really good (if I do say so myself). And a brushed aluminium kickboard.

So, yay. go the first choice.
Becster
Hi there

We have stipple seal for our below bench cupboards in the kitchen, and essa stone purity for bench tops (the most white stone in the range) and polar white cupboards overhead cupboards, hard wood floors in ironbark and the splashback is chocolate heaven sparkle (don't you just love that name
). Everything is in except the splashback and the floorboards and it does look really good (if I do say so myself). And a brushed aluminium kickboard.

Ummmmm
Becster....when that Chocolate Heaven Sparkle goes in, can we please have a photo .... please
SuH
Becster
Hi there

Ummmmm
Becster....when that Chocolate Heaven Sparkle goes in, can we please have a photo .... please

+1, I would love piccies too, it sounds delicious...PMSL
Absolutely!! We have our practical completion meeting/walk through this afternoon so I will take my camera along.

"Chocolate heaven sparkle" will go in in a few weeks, hopefully. Timber floors get laid tomorrow. woo hoo.
Related
27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum