Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

External colour placement...

Page 1 of 1
Hiya!
We've just had our colour selection appointment and are now questioning the placement of our external colours.
We are happy with the colours, and don't want to change them... but i'm keen to hear where you'd put them...

(ignore the colouring on the picture, that is just a brochure).... ok here goes - this is how we currently have it:
Roof: DUNE
Fascia: IRONSTONE
Linea board: DUNE
Garage: IRONSTONE
Render - front room: SURFMIST
Pillars (2 - not shown in picture), rendered - IRONSTONE
Front door: IRONSTONE
Rest of render: DUNE
Windows: black (with windows tinted)

How would you colour our house, without changing these colours??

Is there a program where I can strip the colours off this picture and re-do them??

Thanking you!

Jolene
Jolene, your colours are lovely. However I wouldnt have the garage door in the ironstone (dark grey). I think this will make your garage door stand out too much and you want people to look at your house, not your garage door. Why not do the front room render in the ironstone? Pillars and the garage door in the surfmist? However, I am no expert. Michelle will know what will look best

nb. You dont need to have your front door and the garage door the same colour. I have a huge stained timber front door and my garage doors are cream.
Taking into account that you can’t see your roof from the road??????
I would say so from the design in the pic.

I’m actually going to disagree with kerrin62 on this
, I think the garage door in the Ironstone will look great! And this is only because we are not seeing the Dune roof.

The contrast will look stunning with your colours.
HI - Thank you both for your input!

I don't think the roof will be seen from a front on view from the road...
However, the DUNE roof will be seen as you come down our street - along with the DUNE linea at the top, and it will also be visible from my daughters' school (at the rear) - from the rear perspective it will all be DUNE. (This is the first time i'd thought about what the rear of the house would look like!)

Do you think we should change the roof colour to surfmist?
NO……as it’s the front that matters with ALL the colour selections on it.

The back and the sides will be fine.
Related
18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

15/05/2023
Screed bonding agent for external applications

Flooring & Floor Covering

Before you rip it up, if you can in the grout lines, drill some holes and pour/inject techgrip by sika. I have used it to bond mdf to timber, but in the process it dripped…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum