Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Curtains for girls

Page 2 of 2
Clarity
Our DD is getting her room done first... she's 9yrs and has been sharing a room with her 6yr old annoying brother for the past 2.5yrs!

She deserves it then
Are you in? I haven't looked at your blog in ages.
Oh i am so jealous, those two rooms are just perfect. My 8yo daughter is standing over my shoulder now and is complaining about having a Blue Bedroom.

We are renting at the moment and i can't wait to get my own place again, to decorate it with the colours we want. Sky Blue is not the best colour to paint your entire house i must say.

Well done DeeElle and House To Be. I am so glad for this forum as i can sit and stare, pretending it is my home.
House-To-Be
Clarity
Our DD is getting her room done first... she's 9yrs and has been sharing a room with her 6yr old annoying brother for the past 2.5yrs!

She deserves it then

Not yet
but hopefully less than 2 weeks away... flooring started today, but they're down 2 guys so it's taking longer... But I'm OK with it, school hols are a shocker for trying to do stuff with 3 kids in toe, I'm sure you know what I mean
Maurita, it won't be long till you are in and your DD will have a lovely room too. It was a year ago yesterday since we decided to build and move. It goes pretty quick!

Clarity
House-To-Be
Clarity

She deserves it then

Not yet
but hopefully less than 2 weeks away... flooring started today, but they're down 2 guys so it's taking longer... But I'm OK with it, school hols are a shocker for trying to do stuff with 3 kids in toe, I'm sure you know what I mean

Great to hear that you are nearly there. I think we started around the same time (from memory). My kids have been very good thus far, I've been unpacking since 27th Dec! They play really well together although at the moment I can hear that DS is not playing "schools" properly
I'm taking them to the movies on Friday to see HSM3 so they are looking forward to that. Hope handover goes smoothly for you.

Dy, hope you don't mind but I'm going to put up some linen pics. I love kids bedroom linen. DD #2 has had hers since her 5th birthday, I'm on the lookout for another set for her. The one in the photos above is Jiggle and Giggle "Lucy". My DD #1 got two sets for her birthday, she chose Roomur "Candy" and I chose Freckles "Venus". I really love the Jiggle and Giggle set called Matilda too, it's really lovely.

Freckles

Candy

EDIT - I buy alot of my linen from online shop comeinside.com.au
Good idea HTB.

DD chose a dusky pink Freckles Doona. I also purchased a plain white and tri-colour doona from Sheridan kids for her room.

The rest of the room is white so might paint the turquoise wall behind her headboard.

edit: I got inspired and tried the blue on her wall. I think it looks good so will finish it off tomorrow
She also has a bright pink lampshade that I will try instead of the drum shade.

House-To-Be
Clarity
House-To-Be
Clarity

She deserves it then

Not yet

Great to hear that you are nearly there. I think we started around the same time (from memory). My kids have been very good thus far, I've been unpacking since 27th Dec! They play really well together although at the moment I can hear that DS is not playing "schools" properly
I'm taking them to the movies on Friday to see HSM3 so they are looking forward to that. Hope handover goes smoothly for you.

We actually had handover 22DEC, but couldn't get our floors done till this week. Still have carpet to go to and all appliances yet to be delivered. We have grass!!! The kids have enjoyed going to the house for 'watering' everyday (I don't know who's getting most of the water, the grass or kids
).

Glad to hear your kids are have been good. Hope HSM3 is good, I might take my older 2 the same day as DS2yrs starts childcare that day
OOOOOhhh goody - I was looking through the boys thread and trying to get some tips for my girls rooms so good idea to start a thread!

How funny it is house-to-be, I have that same doona cover packed up for my daughter who is only 10 months!

I am having trouble finding nice white furniture for my DD, she has a white cast iron bed so not looking for modern looking stuff - I do like the sort of old fashioned country look (NOT QUEEN ANNE!!!!) and its a bit hard - after looking on Pottery Barn website I realise what little choice we have in AUstralia and I guess Perth would be even harder - so anyone know somewhere in Perth?

Our new house will be reading in September so want to get organised and have things for then so maybe both girls will go into their new 'pretty' rooms.

I'll post pics soon for advice maybe.

In the meantime keep them coming I'm loving the rooms!
DeeElle
edit: I got inspired and tried the blue on her wall. I think it looks good so will finish it off tomorrow
She also has a bright pink lampshade that I will try instead of the drum shade.

That is a gorgeous blue and the white bed and bedside will stand out so well against it. Love the Doona so beautifully girly .
Dy, I love that blue on the wall, agree with Clarity, it will look lovely with the bed against it. I love that Freckles doona too, the flowers on the bottom strip are so nice.

Clarity
We actually had handover 22DEC, but couldn't get our floors done till this week. Still have carpet to go to and all appliances yet to be delivered. We have grass!!! The kids have enjoyed going to the house for 'watering' everyday (I don't know who's getting most of the water, the grass or kids
).

Glad to hear your kids are have been good. Hope HSM3 is good, I might take my older 2 the same day as DS2yrs starts childcare that day

We had ours on the 19th, appliances in same day and also 22nd, Carpet 23rd, floating floor started on 20th-24th, then I arrived Christmas night to clean and we started moving in on the 27th. I've got about four boxes left to unpack. Garage is a nightmare but it can wait
Oh ans we need some of your grass, my 6yo keeps asking "what day is the grass coming", quite funny

Jilly
OOOOOhhh goody - I was looking through the boys thread and trying to get some tips for my girls rooms so good idea to start a thread!

How funny it is house-to-be, I have that same doona cover packed up for my daughter who is only 10 months!

I am having trouble finding nice white furniture for my DD, she has a white cast iron bed so not looking for modern looking stuff - I do like the sort of old fashioned country look (NOT QUEEN ANNE!!!!) and its a bit hard - after looking on Pottery Barn website I realise what little choice we have in AUstralia and I guess Perth would be even harder - so anyone know somewhere in Perth?!

there is a boy's thread??? I love the Lucy, it's really nice. The bed, side table, drawers and mirror are all from Bed Shed. I'm sure there are stores over there in WA! I'm pretty sure they have a few white sets, Chloe, Lily, Madeleine.... US has so much more variety than us, even the UK does as well. If you guys have time look up next.co.uk and look at their kids bedlinen. Great stuff.
What beautiful rooms DeeElle and HTB! Your girls must feel like princesses in them!. My poor DD1 has almost lost hope of having a new room and constantly asks if she will be in "the rental" for ever!! lol
seven going on seventeen i tell you!. Thanks for the inspiration i had lost it for a while but now i am getting excited again! LOVE the pink walls HTB....makes me think of lollies...yum!
Related
2/06/2023
Ebays Motorised curtains

Building A New House

have you used any of the motorised curtain systems available from Ebay? Which one and how is it?

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum