Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

kitchen splashback ideas please

Page 1 of 1
Our kitchen has just been half installed, we have fairly dark woodgrain cabinets and therefore looking for a lighter/brighter glass splashback colour to brighten up the kitchen. Our internal wall colour is Dulux Antique white USA and kitchen benchtop ceasarstone raw silk. Any suggestion for splashback colour will be appreciated. My half-installed kitchen can be viewed at: http://quarterdeck26.blogspot.com/

Photos were taken at night and therefore not very clear.

Thanks and look forward to your suggestions.
Hi Braveheart,

Sorry I'm not good with splashbacks but just looked at your blog and wanted to say, WOW what a view!
Beautiful.
Thanks donuts
i think a white splashback will look good just make sure it is the glass that doesnt look green. ( ithink it is called 'starfire' at some glass companies).
white is a safe colour,
if wanting a more bold choice red would look fantastic in there, it depends on your other accessories.
you could also go a light green, (not to "treeish" with the brown).
even a metallic gold.
are your appliances stainless steel? you could even use silver. looks great my auntie just used silver.
hope i didnt overwhelm you.
Thanks MaleenaH, I visited a kitchen splashback company and found a warm stainless steel/metallic colour (with a tint of latte) called Halzenut that I am considering using. White would also work but I am abit concerned because everything else in the house is white and I would like the splashback to be abit of a feature. I still have abit of time and I am therefore still open to suggestions.

Thanks.
i think that the hazelnut with metallic will be a subtle feature. and will look good.
if you are wanting something a bit bolder, look at your furniture and accessories and see if anything really hits you, a colour that makes you smile. usually if you going to be in the kitchen alot than you want to be happy with what you chose, if you have a colour that you have always liked see how it goes in the kitchen.
sounds silly but it works.
Related
7/08/2023
Kitchen Quote advice please!

General Discussion

I was being kind to the builder. With the amount charged for the upgrade the builder is probably charging closer to 100% margin. There are a few variables as I…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum