Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

how do you remove these toggle bolts from gyprock

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I have had a new Air conditioner installed, in a more efficient location.
the 20-year-old one was on its last legs.

the installers have left about 10 of the photographed wall mounts in the gyprock where the Aircon was.

they do not seem to screw or pull out easily. I

was hoping someone could assist as i want to patch and repaint that piece of wall.
Gmcgill
Hi all, I have had a new Air conditioner installed, in a more efficient location.

the installers have left about 10 of the photographed wall mounts in the gyprock where the Aircon was.

was hoping someone could assist as i want to patch and repaint that piece of wall.

Hi Gmcgill
Those fixings are a spreading type of toggle. To undo you need to screw one of the fixings back in (only a turn or two) and the hit the end of the fixing a few times. This straightens out the spread part of the fixing and it can then be given a bit of a wiggle to remove.

Here's a video I found. Explains it perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZqCZfdvhbg
chippy
Gmcgill

Hi Gmcgill
Those fixings are a spreading type of toggle. To undo you need to screw one of the fixings back in (only a turn or two) and the hit the end of the fixing a few times. This straightens out the spread part of the fixing and it can then be given a bit of a wiggle to remove.

Here's a video I found. Explains it perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZqCZfdvhbg

thanks, i knew someone would have used these before.
I'll give it a go.
Related
24/05/2023
Removing gyprock from besser block wall

Kitchen Splashbacks

Thanks again, appreciate the advice

19/09/2023
Gyprock before Brickwork

Building A New House

Yes windows and doors are in

18/01/2024
Would you consider these issues as defects

General Discussion

Hi It came to my attention after the handover that - The facade cladding on the face and the side are not straight. -The face tapers down by 50mm from left to right and…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum