Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help with rugs/ layout

Page 1 of 1
Hi I was just wondering if anyone may have some input for how to style this particular living room?
It’s a very odd shape and I’m at a loss for ideas. It’s also quite small because of the shape but the photos I’ve added make it look a lot smaller then it really is.
Our couch was bought second hand and is beautiful but HUGE.... not much we can do about that but I’d love to hear what someone else might do. Is our rug too large for the space? What sort of rug would you have on the empty wood flooring near the fire place? Should I have a couple of armchairs in that area to define the space.
I was also thinking a gallery wall for that back wall near the fire place but honestly I don’t know. I’ve stated at this room for way too long lol.

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated!!

Hi there,

Personally I would go with a dark round rug for the floor space near the fireplace. I would choose a similar style to your existing rug but a darker option to define the area. A couple of arm chairs sounds like a good idea however they may make the space feel cluttered as it is a small area. Also you would see the back of the arm chairs. A couple of lighter contrasting ottoman and cushions placed on top of a dark round rug might work to create a cosy little space to sit in front of the fire to warm up on colder days. A photo gallery on the wall sounds like a great idea. I would choose black frames to balance the black from the fireplace on either side of the wall. An indoor plant would go nicely off to the side as well. I hope this helps.
Related
24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum