Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help choose color concept for lounge and dining

Page 1 of 1

Can someone give suggestions for furniture color particularly dining table, chairs and barstool?

I have something in my mind but I have doubt on both selectionsz

My first option is to add beige or light wood color so my furniture will be similar to these:

Chairs will be grey:

Barstools will be black:

TV unit and coffee table will be similar to the dining room color.

My kitchen drawers are gloss light beige so I thought I’ll add more warmth by adding more beige to the lounge hence the color choices
—————
My second option is to stick with the white, grey and minimal beige concept so my dining table will be like this:

Coffee table will be a black roundish or hexagonal (our sofa will be a light grey modular same as the pic)

Dining chairs and bar stools will be same as option 1. TV unit will be greyish or black gloss.

———————
My main concern for option 1 is that the beige furnitures will clash or won’t look good with the greys. Plus the wood colors might not match exactly especially if I buy them from different shops.

My main concern for option 2 is that the concept will be too bland considering that the only warm color is the kitchen cabinets. On the other hand, I’m thinking the natural sunlight reflecting to our white walls is enough to give warmth to our lounge.

Which will you guys choose option 1 or 2? If neither, do you have other furniture suggestions?
Is there a specific style you're going for? Coastal, Boho, Modern, Contemporary etc?
Carmen
Is there a specific style you're going for? Coastal, Boho, Modern, Contemporary etc?

Modern minimalist
Related
4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

9/07/2023
Multipurpose lounge with balcony

Building A New House

First time building 2 storey home in NSW. Below Current plan have separate balcony. But thinking to do a multipurpose lounge with balcony (kind of sunroom) in first floor…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum