Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

My builder would like me to sign contract with another build

Page 1 of 1
Our DA ( first floor addition) was finally approved after 3 months’ waiting. And I got a call from my builder to ask me to sign the final contract with another building company (one of their sub contractor), as they had met their annual home builder insurance limit. They told me the building team will still be the same.

But I am quite worried about the future warranty claim, as If the sub contractor disappeared, it will be quite hard for me to claim the warranty repair.... I shared my concern with my friends, most of them recommend me to only sign the contract with the building company I am dealing with, just in case I will be kicked around for future warranty issue.... but this means I will have to wait until next year....

May I know if anyone has the similar experience? Thank you very much
Herre
Our DA ( first floor addition) was finally approved after 3 months’ waiting. And I got a call from my builder to ask me to sign the final contract with another building company (one of their sub contractor), as they had met their annual home builder insurance limit. They told me the building team will still be the same.

But I am quite worried about the future warranty claim, as If the sub contractor disappeared, there will be so hard for me to claim the warranty repair.... I chat with most of my friends, most of them recommend me to only sign the contractor with the building company I am dealing with, just in case I will be kicked around for future warranty issue.... but this means I will have to wait until next year....

May I know if anyone has the similar experience? Thank you very much

I would'nt stress as the warranty is the same, just be mindful that you will be contracted to that builder not the builder you first spoke with. So just make sure you are dealing with him direct and he/she is aware of the circumstances and more importantly your expectations.

It does sound great but these two builders relationship might me very strong so just get as much clarity from them as possible
Related
29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum