Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Changing house facade costs

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys just curious how far $70k might go when renovating the front of a 1980s double brick and tile home in Perth. We’re interested in:
Changing the front facade of the house to make it modern like the picture below (including render, new gutters, a cement/rendered feature like the one pictured, new windows and door). This is one option the other would be changing the roof to a skillion roof. If anyone has an idea of these costs that would be great thanks.

And changing to colourbond roof...does this cost about $30k?

I should add we’re yet to buy a house but the area we are looking are all 1980s brick and tile.

Cheers.

Hey JTY Welcome to the forum
There are certainly some great buys around Perth with the flat housing market atm
Though, I would recommend a structural Inspection of all roofs
Particularly if they are steel truss Frames with Tiles situated along the coast
Many are rusting through, the cost to Put in new Ceilings,wall plaster patching, new roof frame and Colorbond roofing
is well over $150K, Unfortunately not covered with insurance claims, virtually a KDR. hth
StructuralBIMGuy
Hey JTY Welcome to the forum
There are certainly some great buys around Perth with the flat housing market atm
Though, I would recommend a structural Inspection of all roofs
Particularly if they are steel truss Frames with Tiles situated along the coast
Many are rusting through, the cost to Put in new Ceilings,wall plaster patching, new roof frame and Colorbond roofing
is well over $150K, Unfortunately not covered with insurance claims, virtually a KDR. hth

Wow ok. Thanks for the heads up, will definitely get that checked out. We plan on getting a building inspection before purchase to make sure the mods we want to do will work. Would a building inspection check the roof?
Get a structural inspection and at the same time
Get a preliminary Design, Model & Quants apply realistic costs and rates

OT Real estate values below 40% of current replacement cost are definitely worth renovating... tho try not to over capitalise in a waning market. hth

Perth 80s house roofs are unlikely to be steel, so don't worry about a $150k rebuild.
I think 70k will take you quite far for a cosmetic upgrade. Try to avoid brown or beige window frames when house shopping though, they can ruin the look of a renovation.

$70k is a great budget to work with, the key to get your moneys worth is to plan every detail well in advance. Changing, guessing and hoping as you go will cost you extra and not get the same result in quality.
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

5/09/2023
Changing a window to a door - DA vs complying development

General Discussion

Hi All, I'm new here! I'm in a block of 4 apartments (Waverley council) and looking to change a window to a sliding door. The window faces an enclosed garden (with a…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum