Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Full renovation of 90’s brick home Brisbane

Page 1 of 1
Hi there
New to the forum & to renovating generally.

We’ve lived in our 90’s brick colonial style home in Brisbane for 6 years. It is in need of a make-over & we’ve also outgrown it. Love our area, great big yard & pool and we’ve come to realise we may be better off doing a full renovation rather than selling up & trying to find something that fits our needs.

It’s a solid and well built home, with no major faults to our knowledge.

Currently have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, large kitchen/dining & two living areas upstairs. Downstairs has a study, rumpus, laundry, toilet and oversized double lock up garage. Is slightly higher than legal height downstairs.

Hoping to: knock out all downstairs and create 3 bedrooms, bathroom, laundry & rumpus.

New kitchen, two new bathrooms & repaint upstairs.

Build a semi open carport (with electric garage door at the front), over our wide driveway that runs the length of our home.

Paint the external trims of the house including the roof in a new colour scheme (house is brick but has painted trims, guttering & two decks).

I am considering a $350k budget and am wondering if this sounds reasonable for all of this? What were others experiences with full home renovations in terms of cost (if you don’t mind disclosing)?

Thanks in advance.
cornellengineers
This service that Resbuild offers might be handy?
http://www.resbuild.com.au/site-assessment-service/

Many thanks!
Related
28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

16/10/2023
Newbie to Home renovation: DIY?

Renovation + Home Improvement

a building inspector should be able to tell you about any major problems but we need a floor plan with dimensions to clarify options for extra bedrooms ... sometime an…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum