Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

How to join 200mm ducting pipe to 100mm inlet exhaust fan?

Page 1 of 1
In the roof space, does anyone know how to join a duct between the 200mm diameter inlet for the roof vents to the 100mm diameter inlet for the ceiling exhaust fans?
Bunnings only sell 150mm to 125mm duct reducers and i cant find anyone that sells 200mm to 100mm reducers. Is it common practise to squish the 200mm end over the 100mm inlet and duct tape it
Tano
Is it common practise to squish the 200mm end over the 100mm inlet and duct tape it

I'd suggest that if it was common practice to reduce from 200mm to 100mm at all there would be a reducer ready available.

Anyway, what roof vents are you talking about? Ceiling fans often just vent into the ceiling cavity.
Those 2n1 exhaust/light combos. eg https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/ixl-heat-light-triumph-tastic

That one doesn’t have a fan.
Related
24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

25/02/2024
How to exhaust heat from closed in veranda

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

There may be answers here but can't find anything. I have a closed in veranda, four windows. North facing, just had sunblock blinds installed. A bit cooler (actually…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum