Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

How to render a backyard man shed?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a large Stratco-type shed in the backyard that is colour-bond clad, 7M x 12M. The colour-bond is looking a bit dated. My thought is to use blue-board and render using the Dulux colour render product.

My question is, do I remove the colour-bond sheets and replace with blue-board by screwing the board to the frame? Or do I clad the colour-bond with blue-board, and if so, how do I fix it to the colour-bond sheeting?

Any suggestions? and has anyone done this before?

Thanks and regards,

David.
bump
There are many approaches to building a man cave in the backyard. You can opt to convert an existing outbuilding or build a new one from scratch. However you must call a professional to ask about it!
Related
7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum