Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Asbestos identification

Page 1 of 1
Hello.

I need help to determine if the eaves lining I have just demolished contains asbestos. I wore a p2 mask and glasses during demo but didn't consider it would be asbestos at all until a neighbour mentioned it could be (after I had completed it)

House was built in Brisbane, March 1992. The back of the board is stamped Hardiflex.

I have attached some photos. Freaking out a bit.

You can get it tested. I did that in Brisbane a few years ago when doing an install at my mother’s place. From memory, it cost about $50 and was worth it for the peace of mind.
australia pretty much stopped using asbestos in the building industry in mid 80s so you should be fine
but... those pictures look like asbestos
arcadelt
You can get it tested. I did that in Brisbane a few years ago when doing an install at my mother’s place. From memory, it cost about $50 and was worth it for the peace of mind.

Got it tested by COHLABS in Stones Corner. Came back as not being asbestos. Thanks for the advice.

Cost was $44 for one sample to get tested, same day results.
pickledmuffin
Thanks for the advice.

Related
4/08/2023
Tree Identification Mackay

General Discussion

Hello. I just bought a few acres in Habana, Mackay, and my horses seem to love hanging around under this tree. I would like to name the paddock after this tree. Can…

19/10/2023
Cobblestone mesh identification

Landscape & Garden Design

MATE!!! I've checked their website and it's a 90% match at least. I've just called them and sent the pic through to confirm it's the same product. Thank you heaps.

30/12/2023
Identification of Oven Make and Model

Kitchen Appliances

Hi Chippy, no there isn't, gave it a really good look through and literally opened everything and checked all edges as well. Hence the question, just hoping someone would…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum