Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Front Path and steps from driveway to front porch ideas

Page 1 of 1
Hi, we are updating our front path, porch area ( we are raising the porch to the bottom of the door jam) and the front door.
The front door we have picked is 920mm wide and going to replace the 820mm door
We are going to raise the front porch area so it is the same height as the door frame, so we are getting rid of the brick sill. This will mean there will now be 2 steps up to the top of the porch. I don't know whether to keep the path in its existing present position and widen it, or to move it to the other side of the pillar and have it up against the house.

We are not having garden beds on the porch

We are thinking of bluestone pavers, thinking this will blend better with the bluestone pattern crete concrete driveway.
Any thoughts most appreciated

Hi, Has anyone any thoughts about where my path should be?
Do you think I am better posting this in general forum? As I haven't had a single reply
::study::::praying::
My 2C
don't straighten the path. widen it along the side which does not have the long hedge at the moment.
Related
22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

27/01/2024
Porte cochère - separate pedestrian gate/path?

Building A New House

Thank you so much for your response. I have drawn a pedestrian gate in - for curb appeal, let's see how much costs come in at. I think you're right - if we decide to…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum