Renovation + Home Improvement
Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am
We bought our house a few years ago and whilst we love living where we do, the floor plan is shocking and just doesn't work. Ideally, we don't want to extend (as the actual house is pretty big) but we'd like to reconfigure the layout to be more suitable to family life. The Garage on the plan is actually a rumpus room.
Main issues include
1. Bedrooms scattered all over the house (utility on the plan is actually 4th bedroom but very small)
2. Main bathroom comes off our loungeroom. 😨
3. No access to backyard from main living space.
4. Living Room on plan is a non functional room that serves as a thoroughfare.
5. Would like kids at one end of the house, parents at the other.
Our ideas include
1. knocking through bed 3, putting in french doors to the backyard and making that our kitchen/dining.
2. Blocking off the main bathroom entrance and somehow moving the entry to the laundry.
3. Making the utility into the master bedroom, the laundry into the ensuite/robe etc and extending into the rumpus.
It's hard to believe the house was architect designed, commissioned by all ex builder but it was. We love our house but it doesn't work for us so any suggestions would be very welcome.
Re: Suggestions on appalling house plans please!2
Mar 24, 2018 12:41 pm
It might be best if you make a list of rooms you need in your house (e.g. how many people and ages) then the floor plan can be reworked.
Do the bathrooms and kitchens need replacing? How much do you have to spend?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
nhariramLooking for suggestions to choose the best builderLooking for suggestions to choose the best builder
Hi Adsf, I feel they are bit costlier than the volume builder. Their quote is not so transparent as well. Haven't gone back to them after the quote. It's mostly Burbank…