Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Old tiles over sheet in kitchen. Will the boards look ok?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm having my kitchen renovated and polishing the floor boards in the living area and hall. The house in from 1981.

I thought the floor was lino, but it turns out that it is terracotta tiles over a white plaster/concrete looking sheet. It will be okay to remove, however how will the boards come up? The boards are a nice tassie oak.

I ask because I have heard that the sheet is nailed in, and the floor will look like it has a hundred nail holes in it.

If it is going to look terrible, I will consider just using a laminate throughout the house. Or tile the kitchen, which I don't think I want to do because it will look disjointed.

What to do?
Hi miss alison in my suggestion is better you can renovate your home using tiles because it shows beautiful and it can be patches your living area and hall.When people enter in your home living area is the first face. so you will renovate and remove your boards and replace new one or else using tile with over a plaster.
Related
22/04/2024
Floating floor boards over slate tiles

General Discussion

To put anything over slate you will need to put self level compound over the entire area as slate various in thickness and is very un even. To install most types of…

6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum