Helping my brother with his bathroom, he is starting from scratch as he is remodeling the entire bathroom so the tiles old villaboard walls etc have all come down.
I had a few people mention to me a different order in which the tiling should be done (not professionals) It's been a while since I did my own and just want check the way it's meant to be done and the order.
Out of the list below, what order would you advise or know it to be done? I'll put it in the order I was going to do and appreciate being told different or the correct way
1. Villaboard the walls
2. Waterproof the walls and the floor
3. Tile the walls from floor to ceiling (except bottom row)
4. Waterproof the floor and into the corners of the walls where meets the floor
5. Put down the bedding of sand and cement and float run off to the floor drain
6. Tile floor
7. Go around and cut in bottom row tiles
I'm 50/50 in thinking I should probably screed the floor first so that is waterproofed under the tiles itself rather than waterproofed under the screed where the floor is uneven etc