Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Flat roof -

Page 1 of 1
Howdy,

First time posting...

I am contemplating a 90 sqm extension and looking at whether a flat roof is feasible. My questions are:

- what are the build options apart from a poured concrete slab (could we do a skillion hidden by a parapet - there span is pretty wide? why would you go for one or the other? if we went away from a rectangle design does that mean we have to go concrete slab

- if we go the concrete slab, is that a lot more expensive, relative to a gable roof say or hidden skillion? I am in inner Sydney

Any help/pointers to info would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Why do you want a flat roof? How flat is "flat"?

Colourbond can do 5% fall in some profiles. SIPS can do the same. Hebel could possibly do less with a waterproofing membrane (expensive).

hidden skillion usually means box gutter, which at some point in the future WILL leak into the house. Something to bear in mind...

On-site poured concrete roof would be many times the cost of a traditional skillion or gable roof.
Related
26/12/2023
Granny Flat + Studio

Building A New House

I would suggest you simply go and talk to council about your proposal, most councils are getting onboard with ancillary dwellings. There is no benefit in keeping it…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum