Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Wardrobes

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am renovating the bedrooms: repainting, replacing the old carpet with bamboo floorboards and replacing the wardrobe.
My initial plan was to buy the "Flatpax" kits from Bunnings but I have just find out that the product is discontinued and they will release new wardrobes in a couple of months.
I also had a look at Ikea. Those ones are not good as they are too tall and I have to cut the cornice to install them against the wall.
I am pretty handy so I am looking to buy the flatpacks and install them myself. But I don't know where from.
Do you know a good supplier of wardrobe kits? I live in Sydney.
Thank you.
Dan
I think that the PAX wardrobes at Ikea are really good. I'd only look at the PAX ones though, the others are quite flimsy.

I just bought some MultiStore wardrobe inserts from Bunnnings. They seemed nice enough. Check out other hardware stores for different brands of DIY wardrobes - Masters, Home Hardware, Mitre 10 etc.
Neither of them are any good!

You are much better off getting a local cabinet maker to supply flat pack to you. They way you will get custom sizes and exactly the layout you want made from far better materials!
CuttingEdgeKitchens
Neither of them are any good!

You are much better off getting a local cabinet maker to supply flat pack to you. They way you will get custom sizes and exactly the layout you want made from far better materials!

I managed to find a local cabinet maker who supplies flat packs too. Happy with the door options and customized options.
Related
You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum