Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Weatherboard Build & Renovation - Completed Bathroom Photos

Page 5 of 5
Really nice reno.
Came for a perve at your kitchen... wowza Alpine is a lot more veiny that I remember it being in the display room but god it is bloody gorgeous. Your kitchen is stunning!!
Congratulations on finally moving in! Your place has come together beautifully. How did you go with the external painting? good luck with the ceaserstone competition!!!
MrsJM
Came for a perve at your kitchen... wowza Alpine is a lot more veiny that I remember it being in the display room but god it is bloody gorgeous. Your kitchen is stunning!!

I was surprised but how veiny it was in real life too, but I'm not complaining! I was tossing up between it and London Grey for the longest time but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Coastalbreeze1
Congratulations on finally moving in! Your place has come together beautifully. How did you go with the external painting? good luck with the ceaserstone competition!!!

Thankyou! External painting is not happening any time soon, we don't have the cash at the moment plus we are both so over working on the house. I just have to ignore it for now. There are some amazing kitchens in the competition (you can view the entries online) so I don't like my chances but I'm still going to enter just in case. Just gotta perfect the art of taking the perfect photo now...
What an amazing house.. I am totally in love with the kitchen!!
Congratulations on all your hard work!
Hi adele
Hope you are enjoying your newly renovated home. How did the competition go? Enjoy the festive season in your new place!
What a beautiful renovation. Job well done!
Have just read through the whole thread. Stunning! I love the detail and the character of the house. Well done. Hope you've settled in nicely.

Just wanted to say love the modern / traditional style and amazing work to have done it by yourselves. Would love to see an update.
I'm back with some more photos! It's been a while and I have lots of photos to post, so I'll start with bathrooms (main, ensuite & powder room)

ENSUITE

POWDER ROOM

MAIN BATHROOM

Looks beautiful Adele! Love the timber tops
Congratulations Adele, you've done a great job.
I love weatherboard homes. We recently demolished one but only because, after speaking with architects, we discovered that we just couldn't afford to renovate it to an end product we would be happy with. Sadly it was cheaper and easier to start again.
Whilst we are really happy with how our build is going and we don't regret our decision, we know it is never going to have the character that the old house had....
Where are you building.? The original house reminds me of ours.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
Saint Girl
Congratulations Adele, you've done a great job.
I love weatherboard homes. We recently demolished one but only because, after speaking with architects, we discovered that we just couldn't afford to renovate it to an end product we would be happy with. Sadly it was cheaper and easier to start again.
Whilst we are really happy with how our build is going and we don't regret our decision, we know it is never going to have the character that the old house had....
Where are you building.? The original house reminds me of ours.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey

Thanks Saint, I have just caught up on your thread. Can't wait to see how it all turns out

I love weatherboard houses too. In hindsight it would have probably been cheaper and DEFINITELY been easier to knock down and rebuild. The whole house is virtually new minus a few walls and some bits of the facade. I'm happy with how it's turned out though. Living in old weatherboard houses my whole life, it's nice to have the modern conveniences like full insulation, great heating and cooling, built in wardrobes, no gaps under doors, windows, floorboards etc that you just don't get with old houses
Beautiful!

Re the shower floor and the grate you used for the water, do you now wish you placed another one at the shower opening/where you walk in?

I ask this because this is a must for our new bathroom (KDR or remodel, havent decided yet) but I notice when I stay in hotels, I always wish they had a 2nd grate where a door would be if they installed one (hope that makes sense).

Your thoughts now that youve had one for a while?

thanks
Banned from Bunnings
Beautiful!

Re the shower floor and the grate you used for the water, do you now wish you placed another one at the shower opening/where you walk in?

I ask this because this is a must for our new bathroom (KDR or remodel, havent decided yet) but I notice when I stay in hotels, I always wish they had a 2nd grate where a door would be if they installed one (hope that makes sense).

Your thoughts now that youve had one for a while?

thanks

I think it depends if there is a slope, if any, in the floor.

For our main bathroom (the one pictured above) the floor is on a slight slope so water runs directly into the grate.

In the ensuite however, the floor is completely level and yes a little bit of water can get out the entrance! I just put a bath mat there though with no dramas. I think the aesthetics of the shower would have been compromised by adding an extra grate. Hope that helps
Thanks for your response, your home is inspiring!
Hi Guys, just thought you might like this freebie.

http://www.homeone.com.au/articles/bathroom/buying_to_renovate_free_ebook

It features designs from various international designers.

Good luck. Richard@themakeovergroup
Wonderful renovation Adele. Love your selections

I must have to say your home is looking amazing after renovation.
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum