Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Weatherboard Build & Renovation - Completed Bathroom Photos

Page 1 of 5
Hi everyone - long time lurker here!

Wanted to start my own thread, a bit later than most of you do (we are nearly at lock up stage). Wasn't sure whether to start my thread here or in New Houses. Background: 1950's untouched, small weatherboard house (11 squares). We are renovating and extending the house. However,we have virtually only left the facade of the house. The rest has been knocked down/gutted. New house will be almost double the size of the original.
Good luck with the rest of the reno. Post up some before and after shots.

Stewie
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/adele19 ... r.jpg.html
http://s12.photobucket.com/user/adele19 ... v.jpg.html
I unfortunetly lost a lot of my 'before' photos when I lost my phone, so this is one from the Real Estate advertisment. As you can see we have replaced the roof, rendered the chimney, added base boards and started building a verandah.
To paste the photo on here, click on the box next to the IMG tag under the Share Links heading to the right of the photo...

Stewie

A bit more detail has gone into the facade this week. Colours will be:

* Roof - Shale grey
* Fascia & gutters - Woodland grey
* Weatherboards - 1/2 strength windspray (as seen on gable)
* Windows - Lexicon

Some shots of the back.
Here are our kitchen selections. Still deciding on a splashback (this has been the hardest decision to date!) Feel free to throw some suggestions - I am thinking white tiles of some variety (subway? herringbone? mosaic? diamond?)

Let's start with my pride and joy, the oven! Ilve freestanding 900mm in black

Island bench - Ceaserstone 'Alpine Mist'. Was originally having waterfall ends but I ended up changing my mind, thought it was a bit too 'modern' for this house

Cupboards - Polytech 'Parkes' in Classic White

Floor - Tasmanian Oak

Kitchen handles - (not locked in yet, but I'm thinking some type of silver knob similar to this)

Dishwasher will be semi-integrated. Fridge will be fully integrated. Hit me with your splashback suggestions please!
Lights, lights, lights!

Here are some of the more 'exciting' light choices that I picked up at Beacon last week.

* Master bed pendants

* Front exterior pendants for either side of door (I'm nervous about how these will look, has anyone done front pendants that they can share a photo of?)

* Garage lights - one on either side of door

Love!!!!!!! It looks fabulous, my kinda place! Do you have a floorplan we could see?

FantasticFour
Love!!!!!!! It looks fabulous, my kinda place! Do you have a floorplan we could see?

Thanks! I will post it ASAP!

Gable vent went up on the weekend! I was tossing up between circular or hexagonal for ages, but happy with the result.

Update - plaster is hung and should be finished soon. We have found someone to make us a mantle (photos to come). Wall paneling has begun! I was very skeptical about this, but hoping it will all come together once it has a rail & skirts.

Internal doors have also been chosen

Here is our kitchen mock-up, please ignore the bad quality, and the colours (I'm guessing it's just done in standard colours?) Anyway:

To fit into this space:

Please excuse the mess!
Not a huge fan of having cupboards on this side of the island bench but we really needed the storage, the kitchen is pretty small.

More paneling has been done (it will be in the living areas and hallways). Here's the study nook & living area

I have fallen head-over-heels for these tiles, hoping to use them on the floor in both bathrooms & powder room. Currently waiting on a quote but I know they will be ridiculously expensive

Love those tiles! They'll look gorgeous!

Love the tiles. Maybe you could use the tiles as a feature mat in the middle of the floor and have plain tiles around the outside? That way you could reduce the cost and wouldn't have to cut into the pattern to lay them. I've seen this done on pinterest and it looks really effective.
me429sb
Love the tiles. Maybe you could use the tiles as a feature mat in the middle of the floor and have plain tiles around the outside? That way you could reduce the cost and wouldn't have to cut into the pattern to lay them. I've seen this done on pinterest and it looks really effective.

Ill have to look into this - thankyou! The quote was $325 a square meter (just to supply!) so that is definitely out of my price range. Can anybody suggest some suppliers I can look at? I am after some type of patterned floor tile (preferably light colours).

Our custom mantle piece has arrived! I can't wait to paint it - it will be gloss white to match the wall paneling. We have ordered a piece of granite for the hearth.

It's been a slow week or so but thought I would give an update anyway. The plastering is complete! We do have quite a few bulk heads (some intentional and some to hide unavoidable beams). Here's an (intentional) one in the Master, and a photo showing the cornice.

We've started hanging the internal doors. I was very naive as to how long this takes!

With these handles

We had our Sonos system (I still don't fully understand the whole thing but it was a non-negotiable for my partner S) on lay-by at Harvey Norman, and yesterday they had a deal for 10% back in giftcards if you took your item home that day. So not only did we get a brilliant deal (according to S) on the system, we got a few extra hundred dollars back which we put toward our fridge.
Here's the floorplan - not perfect but that's what you get with a reno! The dotted line that goes through Bed 2 is where the existing house ended.

Front

Looking good so far. I like the beck deck at the front.
Found this photo of tiles similar to the ones you liked used as a 'rug' feature in the bathroom floor.
Related
27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum