Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Walk in Robe Cabinets - recommendation

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys

as our build is near completion, we are looking at getting our walk in robe done,
does anyone know who can do something like this in Brisbane? and recommend their works?

That is a pretty standard fit-out for a wardrobe and they have used lamiwood or a woodgrain type of melamine and standard hanging rails. There is nothing there upmarket so 99% of wardrobe companies would be able to build that.

Stewie
I had a bit of experience with this and ended up with something from IKEA. Pretty straight forward and modular options for storage in the closets too, so maybe worth checking out? If you want something more personalised then like what Stewie said, just rememebr to get quotes from different people!
Absolutely!

This is ours (photos are a bit rubbish...)

This was built and installed by http://www.justwardrobes.com.au/ from the Gold Coast.
They came up and quoted on our WIR once the gyprock was up (during the build process), great service and quote.

They turned up before handover (my builder was happy with them coming in and installing) and once finished and gone, my builder commented on the installer as being one of the best cabinet maker/builder he'd ever come across, very professional and tidy and all the cabinetry was a great fit.

Good Luck!
as said above that cabinetary is very standard.

if you are hiring someone to do it for you, it would be better to explain them your specific requirements, e.g. more space for shoes, more drawers, no of pigeon holes and their sizes.
Also - as you are in Qld - maybe get one of the hanging liquid "collectors". You'll be amazed at how much it collects from the air. And then it won't be in your clothes.

Many use the "pots" but the hanging version is very good.
mirz
as said above that cabinetary is very standard.

if you are hiring someone to do it for you, it would be better to explain them your specific requirements, e.g. more space for shoes, more drawers, no of pigeon holes and their sizes.

mirz you getting a wardrobe fit out at your place through the builder, or doing post handover?
We are going through a local highly recommended cabinet maker (post handover).
mirz
We are going through a local highly recommended cabinet maker (post handover).

Share? I found one on FB so would be good to compare quotes if you don't mind
PM you shortly.
Related
9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum