Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Hinge door to sliding door at wardrobe

Page 1 of 1
Hi
I am looking for changing my wardrobe door. It's hinge door but I want sliding. I want to do myself , is it hard and where to get all the material ,, what material I will need???
How long is a piece of string??

Photos of your existing wardrobe would allow for people to give some real advice!
It's normal wardrobe with 720mm doors and 2040mm height.
I am looking for cheapest option
You need to buy the channel and the doors. Not cheap unless you can find them second hand on Ebay. Not hard to put in.
Just make sure you have the right height. If the doors a a bit wider they can overlap a bit.
travelbug
You need to buy the channel and the doors. Not cheap unless you can find them second hand on Ebay. Not hard to put in.
Just make sure you have the right height. If the doors a a bit wider they can overlap a bit.

It really depends on the construction of the existing wardrobe. It could be quite easy but it could also be very time consuming depending on how it was built.

This is why a photo is the only way of getting answers that are correct and not guesses!
Thanks guys
Just to clear, I am saying about cavity door. I am looking for those which slide over each other. I got two door for that wardrobe
Related
22/04/2024
Door not closing properly but I have a fixed hinge

Windows & Doors

My door tends to rub against the frame during winter and I'm looking to fix it so it closes smoothly. Looking online on Youtube I'm seeing methods to fix the alignment and…

8/08/2023
Polyurethane wardrobe door touch up

General Discussion

Normally you use builders bog. Polyurethane painting is basically the same principle as car panel beating and painting. All the prep work is the same and so is the…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum