Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Mirrored Wardrobe Refit

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have BIRs (large sliding door mirrored type) in each of our kids bedrooms. The storage organisation is really poor (e.g. no drawers, few shelves, etc) and makes it hard for the kids to keep their clothes tidy (that's an excuse anyway). We are happy to keep the doors as is and basically just want to gut the current interior and add some custom storage. I really have no idea where to start - not too worried about looks, but mostly want functionality. Are there custom made storage solutions that we can order and get someone handy to fit? Or perhaps ask a carpenter/cabinet maker to do something for us?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Paul
Why not ask a couple of BIR companies if they do interiors only? If they dont ask a joinery shop.

Measure the width, height and depth then visit showrooms to see how theirs are designed and go from there
Hi Paul
I am looking to do exactly the same thing so it was good to see your post.
I will get the usual quotes from carpenters etc as we already know a few from renovations we have done so far but another place to look is Stegbar. Their website has a page on wardrobes and I will definitely give them a call to see what they can do. Contestants on The Block used Stegbar for their wardrobe fit out. I'll let you know if I find anything else along the way.

Thx. Ally
I used a web based company called Cabinets on Demand to build custom wardrobe inserts for my place. Any home handman/person should have no problems installing it.

Design wise follow their instructions carefully, and consider things like notching the back of the vertical blades and trimming the bottom of blades against the wall to allow for skirting boards if you are not comfortable removing them.

Cost me about $1100 to do a 1.5x1.5m walk in robe, which had 3 hanging sections (two double 1 singe) and a combo bank of drawers and shelves. I picked up locally in Canberra so no delivery. I believe the whole concept of Cabinets on Demand is they are a group of several cabinet makers around the country so they have more offices than Canberra.

The link below is to their wardrobe page. (They also do kitchen cabinets too)

http://www.cabinetsondemand.com.au/cate ... 0028_1.htm
Hello pgseye,
Nice question you can contact Spaceworks for better wardrobes design or storage type of help.
Related
8/08/2023
Polyurethane wardrobe door touch up

General Discussion

Normally you use builders bog. Polyurethane painting is basically the same principle as car panel beating and painting. All the prep work is the same and so is the…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum