Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Leveling a sunken lounge room

Page 1 of 1
We are thinking about renovating our kitchen, dining and living room to make it open plan. This would involve taking out the two walls that separate the kitchen/dining room and the sunken lounge. We would like to make the kitchen larger by extending into the lounge room. How hard and expensive would it be to level the floors and the ceilings?
Thanks!!!
So many factors, are the walls load bearing?
Construction methods used [brick, timber]?
Floor construction [concrete,timber]?
Ceiling heights?
You need expert advice. You may have to invest in a structural engineer. Or if someone is designing the alterations for you they should take care of all that.
Related
18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

9/07/2023
Multipurpose lounge with balcony

Building A New House

First time building 2 storey home in NSW. Below Current plan have separate balcony. But thinking to do a multipurpose lounge with balcony (kind of sunroom) in first floor…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum