Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Which tradie to remove bricks?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

For our extension (brick veneer house) we will need to remove the bricks on 3 outside walls. What type of tradie and what process would be required for this?

Obviously the bricks need to be taken out, and also disposed of somehow. (I guess a skip for the latter).
A brickunlayer..

Seriously, if they are supporting walls, then you need a builder. If they are freestanding then a handyman with a sledgehammer and a skip.

Ed
Yeah they are just free standing walls, it's a timber frame/veneer house.

Have to remove the brick chimney as well though which is a pain.
Quote:
A brickunlayer

Haha, very good Ed.

Just make sure if you use a labourer to knock these walls down that they don't do more damage to the existing structure as well.

Stewie
Yeah that is a bit of a concern, particularly with the chimney. A few bricks at a time I guess?
Related
7/03/2024
Tradie charges to fix his mistake

Renovation + Home Improvement

Unless there were unforeseeable issues with the site, I dont think you should have to pay for contractors errors or poor planning. I'd probably try and be reasonable and…

17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum