Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Exterior colour advice - building renovation

Page 1 of 1
I have a 1960's colonial style house that we are renovating. The roof is peaked roof and is currently a brownish tiled colour and we are looking to render and paint the outside, we are also adding a flat roofed garage.

I need some help with garage colours.

We are thinking:
Gutters, fascia and downpipes: Jasper colorbond
Exterior rendered walls: Buff It Half
Windows: Will be a white

So my questions are:
(1) Do we go with a Jasper garage door - or is that going to be too 'brown'?
(2) Would an Evening Haze of Dune colour work? If we use this, do should I make the fascia this colour so that it is incorporated into the overall colour scheme?

I also like the colour look of 'The Amari' in Perth if anyone happens to know the external colour scheme.

Any help is appreciated.
I can't really recommend colours because my own taste is a bit wilder than yours (I'm into strong colours) but would just like to make a comment.

Why do so many houses paint downpipes as if it's a feature? Gutters - yes - it kind of frames a house - but downpipes? When we painted our downpipes the same colour as the walls, letting them fade into the background, it was just so much better looking.
I think you are right re: blending the downpipes, we have decided to do that, but still have no real idea re: garage door colours!

Anyone else have any colour suggestions with a jasper roof?
If you love brown then that's ok...but a bit of variety is always nice. Introduce some neutral colours and timber goes well too.
Related
29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

6/07/2023
Renovation on a budget

Renovation + Home Improvement

Coming back to your old stomping grounds, huh? Renovations on a budget can be quite the journey. It's like giving your house a new lease on life. The twist of not knowing…

9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum