Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

BEFORE & AFTER: 80's Red brick exterior makeover -NO RENDER!

Page 1 of 1
Thought I'd share what we did over the last couple of months to update our 1980's red brick house....I've learned rendering isn't always necessary (though we may get there eventually).... red brick CAN look good when combined with the right colours!

Well done!!! turned out great. Was it difficult to change the garage door configuration?
Thanks for the feedback..... Garage door configuration wasn't too tricky - was dictated by how much 'clearance' was needed around the edges of the doors openings to accomodate the tracks, otherwise we just made them as wide and tall as we could! (Builders who did the work were great, obviously do a lot of 'de-arching' of garage doors 'cause they went so fast and looked like they could have done it with their eyes shut!
Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum