Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

concrete pad costs

Page 1 of 1
Hello all
This is our first post, been having a read and it looks really good with lots of tips and help.
We are just about ready to start our extenstions just got a couple of quotes left to get.
One is the concrete pad, does anyone know if there is a rough price per square metre for the pad.
We have allowed $10,000 but think it will be a lot more.
Have a nice night day.
You will need a soil test to find out what type of slab you need, then you will need a proper set of floor plans to tell the engineer what the slab need to look like, then he will design the slab then you can get an accurate quote from a concreter.

The price per meter can only be reached once you know how much steel you need and you will only know that once the engineer has designed it.

The cost varies house to block, block to block.

It will also depend on the size of your extension
It also depends on exactly what type of pad you'd like, whether its plain old concrete or one of the new styles such as Stamped concrete, Stenciled or colour-through etc. Do you know what style you'd like? If so let me know and I'll give you a ballpark idea of how much you should expect it to be.
Mark7
It also depends on exactly what type of pad you'd like, whether its plain old concrete or one of the new styles such as Stamped concrete, Stenciled or colour-through etc. Do you know what style you'd like? If so let me know and I'll give you a ballpark idea of how much you should expect it to be.

I'm pretty sure this just refers to regular grey concrete as the OP has indicated a wish to extend.

I don't know anyone who has wanted to get stamped/stenciled/exposed aggregate concrete slabs for building a room over.
$250/m2
If your in Sydney then SMS your question to the number on this page sydney concreter Ive used them once before and they did a pretty good job, competitive price too. Good luck
Google is our friend
It will vary depending on site conditions. We paid more per m2 but had 2 slabs, used concrete pump and had 2 helicopters. Total size of slabs was 65m2.

I know who not to use. ;(
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum