Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Updating a dated facade- advice needed

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

My husband and I have just brought a new home and we're looking to update the front of the house on a budget, but are a bit stumped as to how to break up the cream and modernise things (without having to repaint the roof or render).

So far we've thought that maybe pressure washing, replacing the screen door with a modern screen, and replacing the cream coach lights and letter box would be a good start. We're also wondering if we could screen the ugly cream front window trim by creating a garden in front with screens, but aren't too sure about how to go about it.

What do you guys think?

I've included a photo of the house, as well as another picture to give you a bit of an idea about what we're thinking we'd like to do with the front garden.

Franky82
Hi all,

My husband and I have just brought a new home and we're looking to update the front of the house on a budget, but are a bit stumped as to how to break up the cream and modernise things (without having to repaint the roof or render).

So far we've thought that maybe pressure washing, replacing the screen door with a modern screen, and replacing the cream coach lights and letter box would be a good start. We're also wondering if we could screen the ugly cream front window trim by creating a garden in front with screens, but aren't too sure about how to go about it.

What do you guys think?

I've included a photo of the house, as well as another picture to give you a bit of an idea about what we're thinking we'd like to do with the front garden.

You could render it yourselves. Rendering is pretty easy. the other suggestions you've made arent going to update it in any meaningfull way.
Related
9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum