Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Building Permit Application for Batten Screen

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at installing a 2.7 metre tall Merbau Batten Screen that will be 12 metres long, and I am currently putting together a building permit application for this.

Council came back with a list of questions and one of those was in regards to the break down of the cost for the screen.

Most of the breakdown I can work out, but we are going to use cement sheeting behind the screening (as recommended by the manufacturer) to ensure privacy.

I looked up cement sheeting and there are a variety of types and these are at very different costs. Curious if anyone can recommend what type of cement sheeting would work best in this situation.

I have received pricing from the manufacturer for the batten screen panels, but going on the internet I have come up with costs of for other additional items (as this will be a freestanding screen):

1. 2.7 metre tall treated pine posts are $70 each
2. Fence rails (treated pine) are $20 each for 5.4 metres.
3. Other material costs (ie cement for footings, screws, etc) will be approx. $200.
4. Labour will be $60 per hour.

Just curious if there is anything wrong with the above pricing, as I have never done this before. I have tried to get quotes from actual installers but they are currently very busy in Melbourne, so I'm improvising.

This building permit application has turned into a mammoth task. I thought it was going to be a lot easier than this.
Related
5/03/2024
cancel old building application

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks for the response! However, it's have been sorted. But for others benefit here is what we had to do. Unfortunately, it's not straightforward. BCC washed their hands…

7/11/2023
Block or Object to Building Permit?

General Discussion

No, not yet. It’s currently being assessed by our building surveyor

5/06/2023
OB in SA: Do you need a permit? recommendations

Owner Builder Forum

Looking to start the journey of becoming an owner builder in SA. Feeling pretty (overly) confident on the building and construction details, but really struggling to find…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum